Supplements.

Rachel_M

Visit site
I have noticed, when people have written down what they feed, that many use various amounts of supplements. I am just wondering; Do you use a supplement for a specific reason (Such as one to help their hoofs, one for their coat and another one for digestive system, etc ) or do you use just one all round supplement?

Do you sometimes look at their food list and think; What on earth am I feeding all this for? Do you not think we have become slightly over zealous with the use of supplements?

Discuss
smile.gif

Selkie

Visit site
I used to feed alsorts, mag calm, conditioner and formula for feet. I decided that I was just wasting my money and only give her formual 4 feet now and she's a lot happier for it

JessPickle

Visit site
Pickle is only fed one supplement. He gets equisup when he starts maulting or he becomes anemic, but thats only on vets advise. Apart from that its just chaff, sugarbeet and some oats!

lizzie_liz

Visit site
I feed no supplements, the only time she gets anything extra in her feed is when she sweats and then I will give her electrolytes.
Not bad for a horse competing at Novice BD and unaffliated SJ (90cm) especially as she has arthritis in her right hock and navicular syndrome in both front feet.

kombikids

Visit site
interesting question! whats the general consensus on calming supplments - do they work or are they more for the rider than the horse????? !!!!!!!!!!! what do people think?

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I keep a tub of D&H daily multi vits and mins for mid winter, and some naf pink powder for stress etc. But they're only used as and when i feel they're needed.

hadfos

Visit site
I feed cortaflex as a precautionary measure,garlic to help with respiratory system and blood(also stopped bot eggs last year but i do feed pure dried garlic flakes from the chinese shop,cheaper,pure and alot stronger)and equivite mineral supp because he is working and not getting the full quantity of hard feed(chubby,lol)