Support Boots

Piccy

Visit site
Depending on tomorrow's outcome I maybe able to bring my boy back into work; looking for advice on all round support boots and what's best.
Thank you in advance

PorkChop

Visit site
Boots can't offer support I'm afraid, they just guard against knocks.

I'm a firm believer of only using boots when necessary because I think they heat up the tendons - that's not to say I don't use them, my four year old hacks out in brushing boots and knee boots because she is a bit of a calamity at the moment!

Strong, conditioned legs are made by appropriate work, really hope you get the all clear for your boy :)

be positive

Visit site
Boots offer protection but no real support assuming you are thinking about something for tendon or ligaments, I think they are best without anything especially when just coming back into work and walking for weeks in straight lines, the exception would be for a horse that brushes badly when I would just boot the offending pair of legs.
I brought one back from a tendon injury without using boots, he now only wears boots for fast work and jumping, keeping the legs cool is more beneficial in my mind.

Piccy

Visit site
Thank you for your replies I am so worried at the moment and having hardly ever used boots or bandages I thought best to ask only ever really used overreach boots before. Appreciate your replies will also check with vet and farrier tomorrow so 100% sure. This is all just incase right now..