Supportive, cushioned, waterproof wellies or boots?

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Is there such a thing? I need some waterproof, supportive comfortable boots for dog walking and yard duties. My feet ache a lot and my Achilles’ tendon sometimes hurts as does the balls of my feet.

Prefer not leather due to walking on the beach and the salt water will probably rot leather. I wear supportive insoles in my basic le chameau wellies but although better not seeming to do the trick. Wondered if the top of the range ones were more supportive?

Doesn’t have to be a welly but I’d like something long enough to go through puddles and rock-pools and be hosed off without making my legs wet.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Annagain

Visit site
Aigle Parcours ISO - the neoprene lined ones. They're lovely and warm in the winter if a little bit sweaty in Summer - I only wear them if I have to in Summer and just go for walking trainers most of the time then.
They're described as a rubber walking boot rather than wellies so have good grip on the sole and more support than ordinary wellies. I have plantar fasciitis so get very sore feet and these are the best wellies I've tried in terms of that. I wear them with a slight heel lift inside as that's what I need for the PF and there's enough room in them for that so you could probably add an insole to make them extra comfy if you wanted. They're not cheap but mine are still going strong after 7 years after pretty much daily wear in winter for doing the horses and dog walking.

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
Is there such a thing? I need some waterproof, supportive comfortable boots for dog walking and yard duties. My feet ache a lot and my Achilles’ tendon sometimes hurts as does the balls of my feet.

Prefer not leather due to walking on the beach and the salt water will probably rot leather. I wear supportive insoles in my basic le chameau wellies but although better not seeming to do the trick. Wondered if the top of the range ones were more supportive?

Doesn’t have to be a welly but I’d like something long enough to go through puddles and rock-pools and be hosed off without making my legs wet.

Any suggestions gratefully received.
If style isn't particuarly at the top of the list I'd get Rigger Boots. Mine have steel toe caps and a strong ankle support, come up about half way up the calf and are fleece lined with straps to help you pull them on and a kick heel to pull them off. Because they are for people on building sites they are slip resistant and withstand nails and corrosive chemicals. Here is the link

https://www.diy.com/departments/site-black-gravel-rigger-safety-boots-size-7/289336_BQ.prd

Attachments

• boots.jpg
    boots.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 2
  • boots 2.png
    boots 2.png
    831.5 KB · Views: 2
  • boots 1.jpg
    boots 1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 2

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Ariat stormstoppers have been brilliant so far. I walk several miles daily with the dogs wearing them. They are comfortable and warm and get used daily for mucking out, don't get sucked off my feet when bringing the horses in across muddy fields and after hosing the mud off, they're fine for a quick hack around the tracks.

jj_87

Visit site
i just bought a pair of Woof Wear riding wellies from Elaine Douglas tackshop online, took a gamble as my ariats had died. They are very supportive in the foot and don't go up the leg too far! Very comfy.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Noble Outfitters 'Stay Cool' boots are the best and most supportive I've found. They're rubber and neoprene and seem to be waterproof all the way to the top of the boot. They're also reasonably cheap - you can pick a pair up for ~£50 in sales normally.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
i just bought a pair of Woof Wear riding wellies from Elaine Douglas tackshop online, took a gamble as my ariats had died. They are very supportive in the foot and don't go up the leg too far! Very comfy.

I’m tempted to try these. How do you think they are in terms of true to size and also calf width? Thanks.

I’ve gone off Ariats since I had to cut off my virtually brand new Windermeres because the lining came away from the boot and I couldn’t get my foot out and Ariat customer care refused to do anything about it.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
If style isn't particuarly at the top of the list I'd get Rigger Boots. Mine have steel toe caps and a strong ankle support, come up about half way up the calf and are fleece lined with straps to help you pull them on and a kick heel to pull them off. Because they are for people on building sites they are slip resistant and withstand nails and corrosive chemicals. Here is the link

https://www.diy.com/departments/site-black-gravel-rigger-safety-boots-size-7/289336_BQ.prd

I used to have riggers for work and I did really like them but I don’t remember the footbed being that supportive, maybe they’ve come on since then. Also I’m a 6 and the ones in the link start at size 7.

J&S

Visit site
You are going to either laugh, or be horrified, but I bought some wellies from Asda and have been wearing them regularly. I had tried on loads of the "Country" style ones and they were all pretty soggy and low in the heel. These are shiny black ones and they are really supportive and have a bit of a walking heel. They don't look quite so shiny once they have hit the mud a few times! Only £15.00. Otherwise some w/e guests had Aigle boots, they are professional gardeners so need good boots. They said they were the best they had ever had for warmth and grip. Much more expensive though!!

jj_87

Visit site
I’m tempted to try these. How do you think they are in terms of true to size and also calf width? Thanks.

I’ve gone off Ariats since I had to cut off my virtually brand new Windermeres because the lining came away from the boot and I couldn’t get my foot out and Ariat customer care refused to do anything about it.

I have very wide calves and they fit well, they are snug at the ankle but I think its due to them being designed for riding, I would maybe go up a size. They are very warm. Not as tall as "normal" wellies and shaped round the top. Worn them for 5 days now and they are pretty comfy.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I love my muck boots. The only boots that actually keep my feet warm. I'm on my 3rd pair in a row and they each last about 2 years being heavily used and abused.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Aigle Parcours ISO - the neoprene lined ones. They're lovely and warm in the winter if a little bit sweaty in Summer - I only wear them if I have to in Summer and just go for walking trainers most of the time then.
They're described as a rubber walking boot rather than wellies so have good grip on the sole and more support than ordinary wellies. I have plantar fasciitis so get very sore feet and these are the best wellies I've tried in terms of that. I wear them with a slight heel lift inside as that's what I need for the PF and there's enough room in them for that so you could probably add an insole to make them extra comfy if you wanted. They're not cheap but mine are still going strong after 7 years after pretty much daily wear in winter for doing the horses and dog walking.

As above these are the wellies I have ,the le chameau ones where hopeless for me .
I have removed the foot bed and put my customn ones in as I began to wear them more .
I wear Ariats and dubarrys as well Ariats are the only thing I can wear without changing the footbed if your feet ache I consider having working and working and wet footwear .

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Chameau!

I've had every boot, muck boots, Ariats, Hunters and Aigle (found them to heavy) I've had my Chameau wellies for over 3 years now, warn everyday, I live in them. I also ride in them too (naughty) and they're still good as new.

They're the thicker insulated ones, highly recommended. They may of costed about £160 but well worth it, non of my others lasted barely a year.

GREYSMEADOW

Visit site

Have just been reading your comments on these wellingtons. Have you tried the Rudds wellingtons - just wondering how they compare as I need some arch supporting wellies for the winter.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Loved my Muckboots for warmth, but by golly they put a hole in the back of my heel / achilles area. Tried two pairs but no joy. Same happend to my friend as well. Plus the grips weren't very good in bad mud or ice - slipped once and cracked my shin so hard on a concrete edge that, ironically, if it hadn't been for the boot I'd have cracked a bone.

Currently using waterproof Berghaus walking boots and hiking gaiters. Grand so long as I don't forget and stand in a deep puddle :oops::eek:

chaps89

Visit site
I tried on Rudds wellies at YHL, as a life long le chameau wearer I think I'm going to be tempted to convert, they seemed exceptionally comfy.
Neoprene lined, with no seams at the back of the ankle to prevent rubs or wear, seriously cushioned insole and vibram soles and a 12 month guarantee. Also a British company :)

rabatsa

Confuddled
Visit site
Dunlop puroforts in use here. OH lives in his and finds them the comfiest of all wellies he has had, think dairy farming for 50 years. I use mine when I have to but I prefer a leather boot.

Trouper

Visit site
To be honest if your "supportive insoles" are really doing their job you should be able to wear any boots. I need corrective orthotics and with them in my supermarket wellies I can go for the whole day in any conditions. If you haven't consulted a good podiatrist may I suggest you do so as it might just prevent visits to physios further down the line!!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Dunlop puroforts in use here. OH lives in his and finds them the comfiest of all wellies he has had, think dairy farming for 50 years. I use mine when I have to but I prefer a leather boot.

I wear these but mine are very flat inside, I use superfeet insoles in them. The thing that I like about them compare to say ariat mudbusters is the weight, they are much lighter which definitely suits my wonky bits.

AFB

Visit site
I'd be looking at a good pair of walking boots personally. I have a pair of Northface Chillkat's and they're the best boots I've ever bought, I don't think they make them anymore (I'm terrified of mine dying!) but if you can find something similar you won't go far wrong.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site

Which ones does he wear? Had a quick google but there's a number of options.

I'm looking for some that give wickedly good support for yomping over rough ground and keep the feet dry. I like my walking boots and gaiters, but standing in an icy cold puddle is more than they can cope with :eek::oops:

Annagain

Visit site
Have just been reading your comments on these wellingtons. Have you tried the Rudds wellingtons - just wondering how they compare as I need some arch supporting wellies for the winter.
I haven't sorry - all I can say is the Aigles with a heel lift inside do the job for me. They're very roomy so you could easily put an insole in them.

teacups

Visit site
MrsM, I have the same with my Muckboots. Despite this they are the warmest & most comfortable shoewear I own. Also agree re the sole - because it's the riding welly the grip for walking in slippery mud etc is not great. Fine on the beach though!
PS Assume you were talking about the Colt ryder