supposed "knowledable horse lovers" FFS...........

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Well, we can only go on what we're told and we know Lilym well enough to know that she is not prone to overexaggerating, making things up, or malicious gossip, so we trust that what she describes is accurate.
If the ILPH has been called, then that's great, they will resolve the issue, but TBH I can understand perfectly why Lilym is upset about negligence.

Weezy

Visit site
OP = Opening Poster I think!

Seems as tho there is something fishy going on here - if you are a genuine newbie a comment like "better a bunny hugger than a bunny boiler" is not really a recommended opening post hey!

L

lilym

you are offensive mate, they are NOT begginers so there is no excuse for neglect, my farrier got my mares feet back to normal after she came to me from a dodgy background, so don't tell me i can't trust his judgement, it just seems weird to me that you are getting so on you high horse defending these people as though you know them, and you were rude asking me how i look after mine suggesting i neglect them, take it to the moderaters if you like do i care NO!!!! i will call you what i want - you were lucky it wasn't stronger, and i would not be angry if it weren't for these lazy, neglectful pigs........ and it is a discussion forum and i am discussing this but you don't seem to like me arguing my point???

L

lilym

uurrhhh..... i did not breath down anyones neck!! get your facts right I moved as i had enough of being told it was cruel to ride my sound fit healthy horse????? i am on a yard now that has a real mix of people and horses everyone gets on... it's lovely.... and i don't judge people unless willful neglect comes into the equation, which is what happened in this case, so keep your gob shut, you don't know me!!

G1day

Visit site
Ok...just to clear the air. I do not condone cruelty as much as the next person... But neither do I beat the cruel sod round the head with a birch tree, I have experience of reporting someone to the RSPCA for cruelty to a mare and "foal" the foal was 2yrs old and still suckling... the two of them lived in a square feild full off mud.... no grass...they were fed 1 square each of hay a day, i even spoke to her and tried to get a picture of how much she knew about horses...When i got home (i was on holiday) I reported her, and the horses were rescued, weaned and re-homed. And No, I do not talk about them, with folks like yourself who are clearly hell-bent on fury at such mis-givings. the people concerned aren't even here to defend themselves. How do you know, that they wouldn't have accepted some friendly advice? We're all horse lovers on here, yet OP called me a toss-pot... The whole point of a forum is to learn from each other...not to get angry and call them names.....

ally161

New User
Visit site
gosh i have just read over this post properly and i am quite shocked. i am another new person i truely hope you do not treat all new people in such a way.

i like to keep my horses in as natural a state as possible and have to say i find this site rather unwelcoming to this.
[ QUOTE ]
bunny loving tree huggers

[/ QUOTE ]
or have i misinterpreted the treads that i have read?

L

lilym

don't worry not aimed at you!! i keep my old girl in a natrual state, i have always dubbed these people the bunny loving tree huggers, as do quite a few in my local area, if you met them you'd know why!
tongue.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
OP = Original Poster...I'd've thought you'd have known that

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I did know that... can't think why you were posting to me though
smile.gif
From your comment (above) to JAK I assumed you knew your way around a forum *shrugs*

G1day

Visit site
Was just answering the question someone asked about what OP stood for... most of you have a pretty good idea. It came up after your post, that's all.

Lilym, I'm sorry...I thought those people had moved away, but I see you have corrected me..was Yourself that moved away.

Fransurrey

Visit site
Blimey! Calm down, chaps!

OP, were you really called cruel for riding your horse?!? How odd!! Wonder what they'd make of me riding my exmoor! Mine is shod at the moment (we were struggling with rocky tracks after injury-induced lami last year), but even when un-shod, he was trimmed every 4 weeks. Even if that was just a tidy up! I can't imagine ANY discipline of horsemanship condoning keeping a horse with turkish slippers (mind you, I've seen a horse that haven't been trimmed EVER - a 3yo NF) and he didn't have turkish slippers...are you SURE there was a trim in Jan if this horse had them?

"There is a persuasive argument that if the horse had never been domesticated it would have been hunted to extinction for food. That is certainly what happened in the Americas."

Mmmm, I'd have to disagree with that (although I get your point, later). Mustangs in the Americas were hunted because they interfered with farming. They ate and damaged crops, took up space, were generally a jolly inconvenient interruption for man. Only where man has encroached on their living space has there been a problem. There is a huge issue about the Pronghorn right now - the migration routes are closing down due to man encroaching on them, thus endangering the species. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/09/opinion/09berger.html

Hope the mare is sorted out, OP. Leaving a horse in a sh*t covered pasture with neglected feet and worming (for whatever length of time) is simply not on!! They don't sound like bunny huggers to me! Not nice enough! Tree huggers p'raps, as trees can be very mean and prickly...
blush.gif
)

Sooty

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
gosh i have just read over this post properly and i am quite shocked. i am another new person i truely hope you do not treat all new people in such a way.

i like to keep my horses in as natural a state as possible and have to say i find this site rather unwelcoming to this.
[ QUOTE ]
bunny loving tree huggers

[/ QUOTE ]
or have i misinterpreted the treads that i have read?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by natural? We all try to keep our horses in as natural a way as possible, but that does not mean neglecting them. There is no excuse for not trimming a horse's feet, unless it is a wild horse roaming freely on hard ground they will not wear themselves down.

Sooty

Visit site
Please tell me you were joking when you said laminitis is easily missed? Nobody should be allowed near a horse if that is the level of care they can demonstrate! You and another poster have commented about being new, and not receiving a warm welcome. Erm... this is an internet forum, not the WI. It is virtual. If you don't like it, bye bye. It doesn't matter how long or short a time you have been registered if you post drivel! I really hope you are someone having fun at our expense, and that your views are not really those you have expressed in this thread.

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
With you all the way Lilym, G1day, you are aggressive, highly unpleasant AND ignorant - no wonder you had the replies that you did
mad.gif

Oh and btw, my horse is also barefoot before you start with anything - you give horse people a bad name!

God that's two posts that have p*ss*d me off in as many minutes - better leave this forum
confused.gif

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
OP = Original Poster...I'd've thought you'd have known that

[/ QUOTE ]

God, not only are you rude but condescending and superior too! Oh and I agree we were all learners once, but BEFORE I owned a horse I was well aware of the symptoms of laminitis and I was only 8yo - the tree huggers Lilym mentions should not own a horse if they don't know the signs of one of the most prevalent and painful diseases known to the equine word! TBH you sound as ignorant as they are

G1day

Visit site
Aggressive, highly unpleasant and Ignorant???????? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I was not the one doing the shouting in CAPS....

Look I did not come on this forum for the sh1t that you people throw at others who do you think you are? If anybody is f*king aggressive, f*king highly un-f*king-pleasant, then Sooty....Step up and take a bow!!

Sooty

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Aggressive, highly unpleasant and Ignorant???????? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I was not the one doing the shouting in CAPS....

Look I did not come on this forum for the sh1t that you people throw at others who do you think you are? If anybody is f*king aggressive, f*king highly un-f*king-pleasant, then Sooty....Step up and take a bow!!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think I have been aggressive and unpleasant, please feel free to alert admin to the offending posts. However, I really feel that maybe you should just get out more...

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How odd!! Can't see that Sooty was any of those things, simply someone expressing their opinion, which you do not seem to be able to do without dishing out the very same aggressive attitude that you accused others of.

I smell a rat here....G1day may be 'new', but YOU are sure as hell not new to HHO.

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
I smell a rat here....G1day may be 'new', but YOU are sure as hell not new to HHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly, I think our 'friend' G1day has been here before, their way of posting sounds vaguely familiar

lordflynn

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

"There is a persuasive argument that if the horse had never been domesticated it would have been hunted to extinction for food. That is certainly what happened in the Americas."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they were referring to the indigenous horses of the americas-the ones there originally, before the mustangs were taken over by the Spanish et al. There is certainly some evidence that the original horse of the americas was hunted to extinction for food.

sorry to encroach on the row peeps
grin.gif

S_N

Visit site
There are 2 arguments as to the horses on the American continent before 1492. That of being hunted to extinction and that of emigrating via the land bridge that was between modern day Alaska and Russia (I believe) - no known as the Bearing Straits!