Surefoot stability pads

foxy1

Visit site
Has anyone used these? If so, what do you think? I'm considering buying a set for my sick note horse!

foxy1

Visit site
Yes I know what you mean! The videos of the horses before, during and after treatment are fascinating though.

(And I'm desperate to find something that may help heal my lovely horse :( )

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Yes I know what you mean! The videos of the horses before, during and after treatment are fascinating though.

(And I'm desperate to find something that may help heal my lovely horse :( )

Well it won't hurt, except your bank account, and if it makes you both feel good, why not? If you try them please give us a report?

Leo Walker

Visit site
I just bought 2 pads for £10.54 inc postage. I dont get the DVD obviously, but I think I can manage to put his feet on them and have a look at the imprints etc on my own :lol:

foxy1

Visit site
Yes will definitely update if I take the plunge! Be interested to hear how you get on with your foam Leo :)

Leo Walker

Visit site
I did once but it didnt seem to do very much so I never bothered again. I'm pretty sure the foam is still here somewhere if anyone wants it.

YasandCrystal

Visit site
I was really interested to read this thread and the Surefoot website. It makes sense to me that by adjusting a horses stance through the use of deep foam pads that you can change muscle memory through comfort. It's what straightness training and biomechanics is all about, but I particularly like the fact that this is stationary and I buy into how effective it could be. I have ordered my own foam and air filled yoga half balls to give this a try with 2 of my horses. I expect you need to do it repeatedly in the same way as any straightness training. I will certainly report back on its effectiveness.

foxy1

Visit site
I ordered some foam samples to see if I could find a cheap alternative but even the firmest foam I could find was not enough.....so I still haven't tried these, but I'm very interested!

InBalanceEquine

New User
Visit site
I was really interested to read this thread and the Surefoot website. It makes sense to me that by adjusting a horses stance through the use of deep foam pads that you can change muscle memory through comfort. It's what straightness training and biomechanics is all about, but I particularly like the fact that this is stationary and I buy into how effective it could be. I have ordered my own foam and air filled yoga half balls to give this a try with 2 of my horses. I expect you need to do it repeatedly in the same way as any straightness training. I will certainly report back on its effectiveness.

Very cool! I agree and is why I am looking into them. Would love to hear how you get on.

YasandCrystal

Visit site
I ordered some foam samples to see if I could find a cheap alternative but even the firmest foam I could find was not enough.....so I still haven't tried these, but I'm very interested!

Oh that is disappointing. Did you order foam from the website suggested by Leo Walker? That is what i have ordered in same dimensions as the Surefoot ones in Firm.

flying_high

Visit site

How did you find this? I have a generic set, and I initially played about with both horses in the school, assessing changes on the lunge. I saw positive changes. I then moved to fitting it into my routine regularly, standing on yard, standing on pads, and wearing massage pad before riding. Horse has been off work, but now rehabbing, I think he likes standing and swaying on them <fingers crossed>

flying_high

Visit site
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thera-Band-STABILITY-TRAINER-Cushion-Proprioception-Yoga-Sport-Pilates-TheraBand/142884879682?hash=item21449a3d42:m:mBkGqzcBPcucEd9Gf4YKo2g:rk:3:pf:1

I use two of the blue ones here (but I didn’t buy from this link)
And six of the oval ones from here - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075L5CZJ7/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I tend to use them for 20-30 minutes, two pads on each foot, about 5 times a week.
My horse is a lot better standing on them (post diagnosis and now in rehab), and tends not to move off very often
They fit well into my routine of tying him up with Mounty Massage roller on for it’s 20 minute cycle.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Interesting FH, thanks for those. They remind me of Pilates balls, which make you work your core really hard to stay stable. I am beginning to understand what they might achieve in strengthening the horse's core.

When I read about things like this, asymmetric pole work, etc, I thank my lucky stars my guys are turned out on a very steep and very bumpy field, which I think does the same job.

YasandCrystal

Visit site
How did you find this? I have a generic set, and I initially played about with both horses in the school, assessing changes on the lunge. I saw positive changes. I then moved to fitting it into my routine regularly, standing on yard, standing on pads, and wearing massage pad before riding. Horse has been off work, but now rehabbing, I think he likes standing and swaying on them <fingers crossed>
That’s interesting. I definitely saw a positive change, but I think using them on the hard surface of a yard would be better than the school surface. I will restart in the spring. My herd all live out and I have been doing some in hand straightness work with the WB I want to effect change with.
They definitely help in releasing tension in the same way as the Franklin balls do for the rider.
Well done getting your horse to stand so well on all 4 balls.

Jellymoon

Visit site
Fair point, well made. I should be much more open minded and less judgy, sorry.
They do look hilarious though, standing on the blue platforms, don’t you think?

flying_high

Visit site
I’m currently doing very little post planned foot surgery. But yes until then I saw benefit and used 4 or so times a week, before riding, which wearing massage pad and getting ready to ride. Mine are human pads. If you are near Surrey could possibly bring and show you.

SEL

Visit site
I’m currently doing very little post planned foot surgery. But yes until then I saw benefit and used 4 or so times a week, before riding, which wearing massage pad and getting ready to ride. Mine are human pads. If you are near Surrey could possibly bring and show you.

Sadly not near Surrey otherwise I would very much appreciate the offer!
I think I might give them a go, I followed your link to where you got yours from and they seem more reasonably priced than the equine equivalent.