Surfaces for driving?

Equi

Visit site
Looking suggestions for surfaces that can be used for driving. Its for a mini so needs to not be deep at all and compact, non rutty. I can maintain it any way i need to. Totally covered and dry so preferably nothing that needs watering before each use! My roof collapsed, so im taking everything out and its going right back down to the bare base.

rabatsa

Far from the madding crowd
Visit site
I have driven on large rubber shreds which were nice. The riders complained about lack of give and would not jump on them so the surface got replaced with a sand which was too deep for the carriage. The surface at the Unicorn centre in Gloucestershire would be a good one to start looking at but I cannot remember what it is, perhaps someone else who lives nearer knows?

Goldenstar

Visit site
A waxed type surface would be the best .
I did drive on my sand robber fibre surface which outdoors but not when it was dry But a waxed surface is so much better for driving .

EventingMum

Visit site
Our RDA group is about to install a waxed surface that will suit driving and also the heavy human footfall of RDA sessions as well as normal ridden work - it's from Andrews Bowen so not a budget option!