Surprise pregnancy

Keavy

Visit site
Saw a reply and was hoping :)

Then read the reply :( .... Back to waiting again ..

Lol made me giggle :p

same here! Not to make you even lower but my friends foal came yesterday at 5.30pm,now they live literally next to the mares stable (they run a farm) her mum went into the house at 5.10 after checking on the mare,went and checked again at 5.30pm,mare up and so was the foal, as if it was a day old! random!

Oh after the week we have had with her I really do think she will have it while I am getting coffee or nip to the shop etc. So happy for your friend though did she have a colt or filly? all these babies wish mine would hurry up already! :D

ribbons

Visit site
It's amazing how many give birth in the ten minute window when you pop to the loo or make tea or something. Is she out in day and in at night. If so is bag full and hard in morning, slightly softer after field excersise. If so she's not quite ready. If it's still full and hard after field excersise she's not far off, varies mare to mare, but could be between a day and a week. Did you ever manage to try milk test. We don't do it but I understand it's very reliable.
Good luck, and hope it's soon. We know ours mares well and rarely have more than 3 nights on watch, but as you don't know her well it's so difficult. You must be going mad with sleep depravation by now. Applaud your dedication, and am willing her to foal soon for you. Best wishes.

eventrider23

Visit site
All my mares bar one have attempted to defy me and sneak the babies up on me this year. First one to foal is usually about 9 days early....15 days early when I checked on her her bag had dropped off to barely half full...milk very watery...hind end had tightened up again....so I left her to it and in morning 'VOILA'...there was a gorgeous filly.

Next mare was late and so I was watching like a hawk as she was a maiden. The one due after her was looking closer though as the maiden mare still wasn't full in bag and hind end and tail really tight. As both of them on watch I had the one looking closer on the camera and the maiden on the baby monitor (2nd camera not working. Went out and checked her at 1/1.10am and she was incredibly chilled and happily munching her hay....so I went back in figuring I could doze for a bit. Suddenly jerked awake at 1.30 with groans - shot outside and baby was half out!

They like to do thing their way for definite!

Moody-Mare

Visit site
I also bought a mare who was in foal! My little BOGOF deal will be turning 2 this month! Unfortunatly, I never knew Maisy was in foal until the night before- thats when we saw her sides move and notice she had milk! Turned her out that night to be awoken at 6am by a phone call from the yard owner to say that Jacob had arrived! Scary. All the best!

PS, only registered to see hoe you get on! Totally new to this!

SpottyTB

Visit site
Just read the thread, Oo how exciting for you! Your mare is lovely :) very pretty!! Will be following this thread with interest now :D

Good luck and congratulations!

TART

Visit site
OMG i'm running out of energy just reading this every day - and my 'foaling time' is yet to come!!!! Good luck hope all goes well - make sure you have a bottle of champagne to celebrate - you deserve it:)

HazyXmas

Visit site
Any news this morning? Hopefully a few days of dry sunny weather so might be a good time to GET ON WITH IT....... :)

Good luck.

fruity

Visit site
Lol made me giggle :p

Oh after the week we have had with her I really do think she will have it while I am getting coffee or nip to the shop etc. So happy for your friend though did she have a colt or filly? all these babies wish mine would hurry up already! :D

She got just what she ordered,a coloured filly by Allbany :) please have this foal sooooooooonnnnn mare!

Keavy

Visit site
OMG Still NOTHING :rolleyes: I have now taken some annual leave from Monday so I can be up there with her even more as I do think it will be very soon, and trying to work 12 hour shifts and do foal watch is taking it's toll to be honest lol. I do bring her in at night and she has been stabled every night now for the past 2 months so she should be used to it (i hope) Just with not knowing when she was covered I don't know when she will be overdue or anything, Not really any wax as of yet but her attitude has changed alot the past week she is getting quite mean towards other horses if they come anywhere near her (opposite stable mate) poor gelding has it hard! Here are a couple of pictures taken this evening when I brought her in from her field. Let me know what you all think, and hopefully soon I will have some pics of a new baby!! :D

Picture015.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Keavy

Visit site
Welcome to my world too, My mare is bagged up and looking set to go, but NOTHING!! I'm about set to hang myself or her :rolleyes:

I know that feeling all too well! good luck and I hope she don't keep you waiting much longer. :)

Still nothing?!

I'd better see some progress soon or I'll be marching to your yard with a hoover to suck the little'un out! :D

I like your style!!! what we using? Henry or Dyson? Lol :p

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
OMG Still NOTHING :rolleyes: I have now taken some annual leave from Monday so I can be up there with her even more as I do think it will be very soon, and trying to work 12 hour shifts and do foal watch is taking it's toll to be honest lol. I do bring her in at night and she has been stabled every night now for the past 2 months so she should be used to it (i hope) Just with not knowing when she was covered I don't know when she will be overdue or anything, Not really any wax as of yet but her attitude has changed alot the past week she is getting quite mean towards other horses if they come anywhere near her (opposite stable mate) poor gelding has it hard! Here are a couple of pictures taken this evening when I brought her in from her field. Let me know what you all think, and hopefully soon I will have some pics of a new baby!! :D

Picture015.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Udder looks really full but vulva, although long still needs some relaxing. Our girl's looked like that for around 4 weeks, but had a couple of false labours where it relly sagged low and loose. But the most convincing sigh with your mare is the udder. It seems pretty tight and full. I really feel for you!

Doris68

Visit site
My lady was only 11 days overdue and that was bad enough...! Really hope your lady foals soon, but as my very experienced friend told me - "it'll come out once it's cooked..."
Good luck and hope that your foal arrives this weekend.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
I am so looking forward to this foal, I have been checking twice a day to see if it has arrived yet, driving my husband mad! Hope to see some photos really soon.

domane

Visit site
I have 9! and have read them all, please tell me how to adjust my settings, as you can tell not very computer literate!
Tis very easy.... :) Click on "User CP" which is the first option in white in the burgundy bar above^^

Then on the left, tab down and click on Edit Options. This will open up a big page all about messaging etc. Tab down the page until you get to the box entitled "Thread Display Options"... and in the box beside "Number of Posts" select 40 (which is the max you can choose).

Then go to the bottom of the page and save it. Sorted!

ribbons

Visit site
Another techno numpty here. Is this also possible to do on an iPhone. I also have 9 pages.
I check in several times a day to see if foalie has arrived. The suspense is killing me. Dread to think what it's doing to keavy.

PorkChop

Visit site
Just read the entire thread, oh my, come on foalie!

However have looked at the photo's and think the vulva needs to be much more relaxed, sorry.

lilbean

New User
Visit site
We are still holding out here also! In some ways I'm glad as had really hectic couple of weeks. Was convinced she would go last night when I was lying in hospital after other horse trampled me :( come on foals!!! We need you to come before we go mad!!