Surprise pregnancy

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
He looks a lovely strong foal, great pictures I am quite jealous! My mare had a still birth a fortnight ago so lovely to see such a happy ending and such a beautiful foal. Well done to mum and foal and of course Kealy for dealing with all the worry!

Keavy

Visit site
He looks a lovely strong foal, great pictures I am quite jealous! My mare had a still birth a fortnight ago so lovely to see such a happy ending and such a beautiful foal. Well done to mum and foal and of course Kealy for dealing with all the worry!

So sorry to hear that hun, can't imagine what it must feel like :(
He is doing very well and mum just dotes on him as do we lol :D

Keavy

Visit site
Welcome to the world little boy!

525103_10150812846297546_659262545_9672954_91559553_n.jpg

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
We bred a beautiful welsh cob/thoroubred 19 years ago who was to be called McCafferty but turned out to be a filly so is called Megan, we still have her and it really is a great experience having them from birth even if she has been a money pit I would never part with her. To see him growing and having complete trust in you is wonderful. The only mistake I made was allowing her to lay in my lap when she was very small, she will still try to do it if I sit on the floor but at 14.3HH she is a little to big now! Hope you will let us know when a name is chosen. Do you intent to keep him?

Keavy

Visit site
We bred a beautiful welsh cob/thoroubred 19 years ago who was to be called McCafferty but turned out to be a filly so is called Megan, we still have her and it really is a great experience having them from birth even if she has been a money pit I would never part with her. To see him growing and having complete trust in you is wonderful. The only mistake I made was allowing her to lay in my lap when she was very small, she will still try to do it if I sit on the floor but at 14.3HH she is a little to big now! Hope you will let us know when a name is chosen. Do you intent to keep him?

I wasn't sure at first if we were going to keep him, but after seeing him and spending the day with him I can't ever see us not having him so he will be staying! :D but you are right at 14.3HH I think thats a little large to be a lap anything lol. :D

Huge congrats!!! Trust it to be a boy and late lol!

My thoughts Exactly! lol :D

JosieB

Visit site
Been following for what seems forever! Gorgeous foal, strong and big.. congratulations! Hopefully you will get some sleep now!

cblover

Visit site
Wonderful pics....I love it when a story has a happy ending! He'll be a fab time waster and you'll get nothing done for watching him. Enjoy every minute with them both!

domane

Visit site
Oh, he's GAWJUS! VERY well done to mum! If you think you love him now, wait a couple of weeks until he whinnies when he sees you and runs over for scritches..... ;)

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Nope no name as of yet, so I am open to suggestions!! :D

How about a good welsh name like Iolo or Iestyn, not sure where abouts you are but if not in Wales nobody else will have the same name thats for sure. ( the pronounciations are Yolow and Yestin, welsh spelling is not quite the same as English!) A friend of mine has a gelding called Norman and he is lovely.

Doris68

Visit site
Congratulations! He's a cracking young man. I was about to post regarding his headcollar and then someone beat me to it! Pleeeeeaaaase, get a leather foal slip as soon as you can!

Queenbee

Visit site
He is super!!! Lovely that you got to watch the birth and so pleased you have a healthy mum and baby! Hes so similar to his dam in markings I'd call him Spit as a stable name and Spitfire... Sticking with the patriotic theme :D but then it's also always nice to leave them go for a couple of days to get a real idea of their character before you name them :) congratulations and thanks for the piccys x

Brigadoon

Visit site
Congratulations Keavy. He is a cracker and his mother is a beaut as well. Please keep us updated with regular posts about him. Its been addictive waiting for him to come. What will we do now!! xxx

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
He's huge. Congratulations.

Word of caution - if you're going to have him wear a hat, please make sure it's a leather one.

Nettle123

Visit site
He is really lovely and so is Mum, well worth the wait, hope you have some nice warm sunny weather for him now. Its really chilly here today.

We had a bogof foal too and after checking her at night for what seemed like forever the foal arrived at 6.30 in the evening just as we were about to put some steak on the bbq, lol. I had made the mistake of reading too much about foaling problems, it was such a relief to see the feet and little twitching nose coming exactly as they should.

You will have lots of fun with him, keep us posted on his progress. Foals are the best time wasters !.

Thistle

Visit site
Wow he is a sturdy little chap, such big strong legs. He is going to be really chunky I think.

I'm afraid I'm another one who is going to nag you about a leather headcollar. Foals can get themselves into all sorts of trouble. At least leather will break if he gets a foot caught in it, rather than his leg breaking.