Suspensory Injuries

zebby2004

New User
Visit site
Hi all,

What are the best suggestions for a dressage horse who has recently sustained a suspensory injury (field related) just below his knee.
He is currently on box rest so looking for ways to keep him entertained in a day!
He currently has ice boots but what are the best therapy boots to help prevent injuries? Has anyone ever used something like ice vibe or Equine LTS?
All suggestions welcome, TIA ?

Izzwizz

Visit site
Mine has also injured his suspensory ligament along with his SDFT. I use ice boots, ARC equine unit and magnetic boots and all have helped him. His injury was really bad, almost pts, he did it in March and we are now handwalking and field grazing in hand. He is doing really well and will soon be turned away for Winter to potentially heal and hopefully be brought back into work next Spring. Its a long road to recovery.

ponios

Visit site
I used ice vibe boots not used alternative so not sure how they compare but I would say they don't stay cold for long and then they start to heat up very quickly so you must keep a close eye on them.

My physio has since purchased an Indiba machine and sings the praises along with other professionals. Perhaps see if there is someone local to you that has one? Heard of lots of good recoveries when using it.