suspensory injury and professional rehab?

Lucky Snowball

Visit site
I don't think you're an idiot. You did everything right. If you can't return the horse or decide you don't want to then I would turn him away for a year then try again. Spend time getting to know him and beg, borrow or steal rides on other peoples horses. If your horse comes properly sound he will repay you many times over. If he doesn't then you know you tried your best and maybe he could be a very light hack for someone.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I think if the seller didn’t disclose the previous injuries you’d have a fair shot of returning him as it’s clear from your vets report that he has a pre-existing condition which means even if you had have been outside of the two week window with the insurance it’s highly unlikely they’d have covered it.

In your shoes I’d honestly return him if that’s an option and I really don’t say that lightly as I know how hard it is when you’re attached to them, but as someone who lost a youngster to a soft tissue injury that occurred early into owning them I would never knowingly put myself through that again if I knew there was an option of sending them back, no matter how attached I was.