Suspensory ligament help

lucyrostance

Visit site
My horse has been diagnosed with suspensory ligament desmitis in both hind legs. Vets have decided there is nothing else they can do except keep her comfortable until the day comes when I need to make that decision. She has been on 1 bute a day for a couple of months now (reduced from 2) and this is keeping her comfortable and happy. I am tempted to drop her to half a bute but just wondered if anyone had any experience with this, and if there are any supplements anyone recommends to help?

SEL

Visit site
There's a really good PSD Facebook page if you're not already on it. People on there who have had to PTS all the way through to those whose horses have returned to a high level of work.

Sorry to hear about your horse. Mine has damage to get suspensory too with a "guarded" prognosis. I'm not holding out much hope and she's also on danilon plus Arcequine on because it seems to make her more comfy.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Sorry to hear your horse had this issue.

I've had three with either primary or secondary rear suspensory issues. Had to have all three pts. You'll probably find the mud will be an issue, as will hard ground.