Suzuki Jimney????

tillytime

Visit site
Wow ... after the initial excitement the Jimney isn't looking so great now.

Thanks everyone for your advise, Keep it coming! :D

perfect11s

Visit site
Wow ... after the initial excitement the Jimney isn't looking so great now.

Thanks everyone for your advise, Keep it coming! :D
I would get a good long test drive I think if you acept they are what they are you may find its a little quirky but fun... it depends what you're used to if you want 4x4 but a car to drive the subaru forrester is great ....

rubysmum

Visit site
i love mine dearly -but they are effectively a 2 seater car unless you only plan to transport children [ or very short adults ] in the back seats& if the seats are in use there is almost no storeage space
but with the seats down they can carry all of this
GEDC0802.jpg

:):):)

echo what others have said about them not being the most best road handling car - i am experienced driver but have nearely lost the Jimny twice on bends & not at any great speed

VickyP

Visit site
Love that photo, looks like mine! Don't forget the fact that when you have made the choice to transport midgets only you have the shoe horn them into the back seats because the doors are quite short. But I still wouldn't swap mine!

tillytime

Visit site
i love mine dearly -but they are effectively a 2 seater car unless you only plan to transport children [ or very short adults ] in the back seats& if the seats are in use there is almost no storeage space
but with the seats down they can carry all of this
GEDC0802.jpg

:):):)

echo what others have said about them not being the most best road handling car - i am experienced driver but have nearely lost the Jimny twice on bends & not at any great speed

Love that picturem.... mine would defo look like that :)

tillytime

Visit site
Love that photo, looks like mine! Don't forget the fact that when you have made the choice to transport midgets only you have the shoe horn them into the back seats because the doors are quite short. But I still wouldn't swap mine!

I quite likw having no passenger seats (my current car is only a 2 seater) It means im not stuck giving people lifts !!! :)

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
I've had one from brand new for 18 months now and it's absolutely fabulous. Handled all the snow and ice of last winter without a problem. I think it holds the record for the highest up a mountain that any 4-wheeled vehicle can be driven. ALso, top 10 reliable 4WD mfrs are japanese makes. Spark pkugs only need changing after 6 years! Brilliant on fuel. LO and HI 4WD option. I swear it would drive to the top of Snowdon in 4WD LO! Back seats fold down in an instant to give plenty of room in the back to carry half a dozen or more feed/shavings. Only down side if you have kids and/or big weekly shop is the boot (with back seats up) is tiny. Suits me fine! There's a Suzuki Jimny Forum - can't remember the link but you can find it through Google - browse around, enjoy!

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
I've been coveting a Jimny for a while-seems like a lot of farmers have them around here. some seem to have the back seats taken out? I don't have to ferry kids, just a setter :) and shavings occasionally. Can't atm as have too big a commute but will be test driving one next year.

Dunlin

Visit site
My ex's, brother's wife has a Jimney, well, had a Jimney for 8 years and absolutely loved it, you can't go throwing it around country lanes like a Lotus as it will get out of shape but it was very reliable, cheap on insurance and the mpg wasn't bad at all. It's been replaced with a Suzuki Samurai (SJ) now which handles better and is very good all round, thinking of getting one myself as an SJ was cheaper to insure than most cars!