Sverigegrepen Muck Fork

Morganfan

Visit site
Does anyone know where I can buy one of these in Australia? I had a quote from Herbies Yard Supplies in the UK for 2 to be posted and the post alone was 250 GBP. Which is obviously not doable. I would really like one. Any ideas?

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
I would guess that a long handled tool like a fork costs a lot on shopping because of the length. It might be much less expensive if you can just get the head and fit the head yourself.

A quick look on Amazon oz for "manure rake" finds several very similar heads. This one looks quite good, but at $113 shipped from Germany...

B009YZVRU4

Keith_Beef

Visit site

GemmaRuby

Visit site

Jambarissa

Visit site
I dont think those prices would apply, they have maximum sizes, I'd imagine the issue with the fork is the size as well as the weight.

Can you find out the size of the box? I'd expect minimum 120cm x40x30 if the head isn't attatched to the handle.

Last edited:

Morganfan

Visit site
Thanks for all the replies, GemmaRuby, Kerry Halliday does not answer her phone, emails or messenger so I can only presume she is no longer in business.
Herbies told me it is the length of the fork which is ergonomic (which is why I want one) which is the issue.
They suggested approaching a saddlery store here and ask them to import, but they have a minimum purchase of 15.

Arzada

Visit site
Herbies told me it is the length of the fork which is ergonomic (which is why I want one) which is the issue.
It is very long but it comes in 2 parts with the tools etc to build it. Can you ask them the size of the box they ship in, check Royal Mail/Parcelforce etc and if it's reasonable someone in the UK may deal with despatch to you

Keith_Beef

Visit site
Kerry Halliday does not answer her phone, emails or messenger so I can only presume she is no longer in business.
Her last posting to Facebook was 24 August 2022, so it looks like she's no longer trading, at least not under the name "Eurorider Australia".

The company is still registered, though, under ABN 44 617 383 475.

As for the fork, it ships as either a kit of head, handle and shaft, nut and bolt, allen key, or as just a replacement head.

1709808870978.png

In the US, the complete kit is sold for $80 but then there is $70 - $90 shipping within the US!

A replacement head is $50.

In Germany, you can get the whole fork for €50; I tried creating an account, and found that the webshop will not allow postal addresses outside of Germany, even though Sverigegrepen lists this as the distributor for Germany, France, Spain, Netherlands and Austria.

Last edited:

little_critter

Visit site
We have one of those at the yard....it doesn't get used. I can't get on with it and the tines seem to be too soft / bend easily.

WelshD

Visit site
I hated mine and ended up not using it. I haven’t met anyone who has loved theirs so be cautious of spending lots of money if you are easily disappointed