Swallows

FairyLights

Visit site
mine arnt back yet :-( a couple of years ago we had 3 pairs nesting last yr only one pair nested :-( hope things improve.

CIJ

Visit site
Ours don't usually come back until nearer may. I hate the little things and dread ours coming back as they crap over everything, horses, cars, washing on line nothing is safe from being splatted! I'd be happy if only 1 pair came back. Although my mum still loves them

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Ours haven't arrived yet either. I adore them. They really lift my spirits when they arrive. Yes, they are messy and noisy, but wouldn't be without them.

Jnhuk

Visit site
Ours are usually third week in April up here. Usually a week after the south of England folks start reporting them so been keeping an eye out for them.

Bats are about already though

FionaM12

Visit site
I haven't seen them on the yard, but then I'm not on the yard much now Moll lives out. I've seen one, noisily perched on a wire at a farm cafe last week. :) I love them so, they herald summer and they travel so far and risk their lives to get here. :)

I'm baffled by anyone not liking them.

madmav

Visit site
I love them so much. Yes, they do poop, used to to do it all over my pony's back. But to see their amazing aerobatics and know they've flown all the way from Africa, little tiny dots of things, as well, how could you not love them?
Also, we get swifts round my North London house. Friend in Switzerland reported that they were much too early arriving there. Hope all is ok with them and this swervy weird climate.

BigRed

Visit site
Mine arrived on Sunday. They are already cleaning their best and getting on with life. Great to see and hear them chattering.

Mudfukkle

Visit site
Ours haven't arrived yet either. I adore them. They really lift my spirits when they arrive. Yes, they are messy and noisy, but wouldn't be without them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :) I love mine too, they are very messy, so I use old sheets/duvet covers to cover everything up. I love their little chirrupy noises and it really feels like spring is here when they arrive.

DW Team

Visit site
I am delighted they arrived on the yard this morning. Two all ready going in and out of one of my boxes. Horses still in so not sure if they will use yet. It is a sure sign that summer is on its was. I love hearing them and know that they will be helping to keep the flies and bugs down.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I saw a loan swallow fly over a couple of days ago but none have come back here yet. We usually have around 20 pairs of swallows nesting and 3 pairs of house martins.