Sweating in horsebox? HOY travel boots?

Evil_Cookie

Visit site
Ok, my horse is new to travelling, our first outing last week was certainly 'eventful' in the transport stakes, we're going out again this weekend, with hopes of actually competing this time, dressage. She was sweating up a lot last week while travelling, not exactly suprising as it is so stressful for her, however what is the best way to cool her down and make her look presentable for competition? She's not clipped, doesn't have a very thick coat, but doesn't usually sweat unless 'emotionally' stressed. Should I wash her off after coming of the box? Rug her in a fleece while travelling, she usually goes naked? Or just deal with the sweaty betty look? She will be plaited, just want her to look presentable as it's the only thing I have control over. Any ideas?
Also am planning on getting her some new travel boots, how do the N.E.W. Hoy travel boots stack up? Any good?

Thanks
EC

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
I love my HOY travel boots, only 2 straps so very quick and easy to do, but don't slip. I think I've had mine 4 years or so, and they still look new. :)

I would either leave her unrugged, or put a cooler on her to travel. Mine used to sweat all the time whilst travelling, but never does now - just took him a while to get used to it.

I would just plan ahead, give yourself plenty of time and let her dry off then brush off when you get there. Do you travel with the windows open? I always have at least one open, even if its freezing. I will rug him up so he's not cold, but I hate stuffy fuggy wagons (in the horse bit anyway!) :)