Sweet dreams Doggle berry

poiuytrewq

Visit site
We think it was actually the tablets that caused the sudden decline. As the vets told me a side effect is hind end weakness, sadly he was very suddenly too weak all round (apart from the tail apparently!)
It was a shock that happened so quickly, I’d thought they meant if he was on them long term it might happen.
OH was great to be fair, he totally accepted things when I told him, I think he knew really.
He couldn’t be with us as he just can’t deal with the actual time, he totally sorted the afterwards bit, the paying and took him to the crematorium.
We have always buried our dogs but I just didn’t want to this time. I don’t really know why. I think he was happier inside whereas the were at their happiest tearing round fields.
I’m rambling!
Old collie dog will be happy, she has been made to stay inside to look after him while I did horses, now she can resume pottering and egg stealing while I muck out!

Moobli

Visit site
I am sad to read this news and am very sorry for your loss. He was clearly a much loved, special little character. As I always think when this time comes, he was loved his whole life with you and you selflessly let him go when the time was right for him, despite the heartache for yourself. He was a very lucky lad to be adored so much. Sleep tight wee man.

misst

Visit site
I'm so sorry. You obviously loved him enormously and he looked such a beautiful happy boy. Run free lovely boy xxx

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I've already offered my condolences, but I had to reply again to say that after reading about your OH's denial attitude in your previous post, I'm so relieved to hear that your OH changed in the end, and agreed about the decision. It's a difficult enough decision as it is, without having the added trouble of a family member disagreeing about it.

Sorry to hear you think the medication caused the decline. I hope you don't blame yourself for giving it to him, you did it to try and help him, but sadly sometimes you have rotten luck.

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I've already offered my condolences, but I had to reply again to say that after reading about your OH's denial attitude in your previous post, I'm so relieved to hear that your OH changed in the end, and agreed about the decision. It's a difficult enough decision as it is, without having the added trouble of a family member disagreeing about it.

Sorry to hear you think the medication caused the decline. I hope you don't blame yourself for giving it to him, you did it to try and help him, but sadly sometimes you have rotten luck.

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}
Thankyou.
No, I just had no choice but to try it again, it had helped the first time and I was aware it might go wrong, albeit not that fast. If I’d pts on Thursday without trying then I think I’d have felt guilty, that’s also when OH would have argued it I think.
I really think he does it because he just can’t handle loosing them.

HorseyTee

Visit site
So so sorry to see this update.

It certainly sounds like you did your best and he sounds like such a character.

He'll be off bounding around and doing all his favourite things until you meet again.