Sweet Itch Vaccine Trials

JillA

Visit site
Mine did for two years - not a cure, unsure whether it was any better because I don't know what he would have been like without it. It has worked for some.
No side effects at all.

Ninfapaola

Visit site
My horse is currently undergoing the vaccine trials; we're at the stage now where he receives on capsule every two weeks.

I thought all was going well until last week when I caught him rubbing his mane and tail.

So I'm afraid the jury is still out on them..........

JillA

Visit site
I have a supplement on a money back guarantee basis if my horse isn't improved in 3 to 5 weeks, working from the basis that if the digestion is in A1 condition, the horse will cope with the stuff which he otherwise develops allergies to. They also claim a whole load of other benefits, but the one will be enough!!
Don't really want to say any more in case I have to go and claim the money back (it isn't the Naff D-Itch), but I will definitely report back - watch this space.

Llwyncwn

Visit site
Watching this thread with interest as my shire has awful sweetitch and always in his Boett.

One of my vets is Austrian. He was telling me that in his country they have had around a 50% success rate in taking blood IV and injecting into the muscle (think Ive got that the right way round). Has anyone else heard of this?

joanne1920

Visit site
Th eonly reason i ask if anyones had any trouble with it, is an elderly pony on our yard began the trial last year, he had 2 injections before getting a kidney infection and dodgy wee, after infection cleared up wee was still really thick and yucky, then he came down with laminitus which he is prone to but was very early on in year, the yo decided to take him off the trial, since then he hasnt been right at all, he's now on v limited turnout with lamititus again - under vets instruction - and his pedal bones have rotated slighlty, although his sweet itch doesnt appear to have returned yet, he appears to be extremly allergic to knat bites and he is covered in bites... which take weeks and weeks to go, he now has a large lump under his belly that causes no pain so query another bite and is still pottery but is under going remedial farriery work.... just wondered if any other ponies/horses had had trouble or is it just coincidence? have heard through different people that the trials have produced a huge range of side effects but none in common with each other. The vet is coming tomorrow so i will ask him about it!

sikaran

Visit site
My boy is on the vaccine/capsule trial and I've been really impressed so far. He still itches a bit but this time last year he virtually had no mane and tail so this is a massive improvement. He has really sensitive skin (he's blue + white) so would be a prime candidate for an adverse reaction, but touch wood everything seems fine. Would recommend it on my experience.