Sweet itch - what's best to use

roxy007

Visit site
One of my little ponies has started scratching and has rubbed a lot of her beautiful mane away in a couple of days. She's not broken any skin but she is obviously uncomfortable and this morning has started rubbing her tail. I've tried dermolene lotion that I bought from our local horse feed/tack store and its helped a bit. It has to be painted on twice a day and the wee soul comes trotting up and stands obligingly to have this done. Is there anything better that I could try on her. A hood etc just wouldn't be possible.

kerilli

Visit site
Killitch from Carr and Day and Martin is absolutely brilliant. not cheap, but totally worth it.
one of my 3 yr olds started scratching like mad last autumn, half her mane and tail was gone in one day. Killitch stopped the scratching totally, and i've been putting it on this spring/summer, and she's not scratched once.

ticobay831

Visit site
Other than a boet, you could try benzle benzonate, tis very good.
You could ring the sweat itch society up they are very helpfull and sell products that do actually work very well.
Debs x

donablue

www.myspace.com
i agree with sonnysunshine i got that recommended to me years ago
the chemist women as soon as i said it she said oh for the horses!i just laughed and said yes please

jazyju

Visit site
One of my friends pony suffers very badly with sweet ich.... but not any more thanks to benzle benzonate its fantastic... Ju

kellyeaton

Visit site
try sweet it salve from net tex it is fantastic plus it is waterproof so you know need to keep on replying just put it on every other day not ezspensive!

ru-fi-do

Visit site
My shettie has got terribel sweet itch, since having a boett I don't need to use any lotions and potions other than fly spray and the odd bit of sudocrem.

kellyeaton

Visit site
my friend had a boet it blanket but all the flies got in to it and could not get out so the flies bite her even more but like every ones says what works for one want always work for another its all trail and error!