Smurphy101

Visit site
I have a 16.1 Irish draught with sweet itch and very sensitive skin that rubs easily so while he wears rugs in the winter they rub so summer is lovely when he could go out without a rug and the rubbed spots can grown back BUT he has sweetitch and needs a fly rug/sheet so I’m desperate and need help I’ve looked at so many rugs and options but they all seem like they would rub I’ve seen ruggles and equi theme rugs that are made out of a softer material that won’t rub also snug hoods but their very expensive please if you have any recommendations or reviews of any rugs u swear by reply please

Chianti

Visit site
Do you want a sweet itch rug or a fly rug? Sweet itch rugs are much harder for midges to get through. They tend to be more expensive but will last longer if your horse rubs. I use Premier Equine, Shires and Rambo rugs. The latter are the least close fitting in the body but I find the necks a bit short and the ear holes a bit tight. Shires might be a good option for you.

Smurphy101

Visit site
Do you want a sweet itch rug or a fly rug? Sweet itch rugs are much harder for midges to get through. They tend to be more expensive but will last longer if your horse rubs. I use Premier Equine, Shires and Rambo rugs. The latter are the least close fitting in the body but I find the necks a bit short and the ear holes a bit tight. Shires might be a good option for you.
Yes I was thinking about shires but he has super sensitive sling and gets rubbed so I thought it would be quite heavy and might rub has it rubbed any of ur ponys?

Chianti

Visit site
No. He's a mini cob but his skin is quite sensitive as he has lots of pink skin. He wears the Premier Equine at the start of the season as I think they are the best rugs. As it warms up he goes into the Shires and when it's hot the Rambo's. He does get hot in a rug and this year I'm grappling with the decision to clip him. You might be better trying to find some second hand ones so you can try various makes with out paying full price. Marketplace on Facebook has a good selection.

Smurphy101

Visit site
No. He's a mini cob but his skin is quite sensitive as he has lots of pink skin. He wears the Premier Equine at the start of the season as I think they are the best rugs. As it warms up he goes into the Shires and when it's hot the Rambo's. He does get hot in a rug and this year I'm grappling with the decision to clip him. You might be better trying to find some second hand ones so you can try various makes with out paying full price. Marketplace on Facebook has a good selection.
Perfect thank u I’m trying to get a good selection in my head and than see what. I can buy and try