Sweetitch products - best ones out there

Visit site
Ours only has it mildly but I’ve started using KillItch which seems to be helping. He also has a weatherbeeta sweet itch rug which he wears all the time when the weather allows but I’ve been taking it off during the day at the moment because of the heat.

Nasicus

Visit site
I really rate the rambo sweet itch hoodies if they fit/suit your horse. Very durable, I've got a few going on season 4 now. Nice big tail flap. and I like the clip and ring closure on the chest. Wash really well in the washing machine on a standard 30c wash with non-bio.
Only complaints would be that the elastic holding the surcingle's on the belly flap wear out easily (but a very easy replacement if you can sew) and the soft lining around the ear holes tends to fray, but those are pretty minor niggles.
Bit of an investment at full price, but I like to keep my eyes peeled for when they go on sale.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
There is someone on ebay ,forget the name sorry, who does pretty good made to measure boett style rugs.
May be cornerstone browbands.

Her rugs are brilliant and they are made to measure I used them for my mare years ago and nothing else fitted her like they did, they washed well and I flogged them on ebay easily when I didn't need them anymore.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I’ve been trying the shires highlander and although I thought it fitted nicely and looked comfortable, the belly flap is too long for my gelding and I found it full of pee yesterday ? back to the drawing board!

Why don't you cut a bit off the flap sometimes even a few inches in the center where it pees could work ?

claret09

Visit site
kilitch, regular washing - at least twice a week and good quality fly rugs. also keep in dawn and dusk. electric fencing helps as no where to rub