sweetitch sufferers

Good morning

Visit site
Has anyone's horse with sweetitch still itchy? I took manwells rug off last week about the time I normally do and he has scratched by his mane raw! Is anyone else's horse still itchy? I'm sure it's normally safe by now, starting to wonder if I need to get him checked for anything else?

be positive

Visit site
It is still very mild, at least it is here in the south west, we have not yet had any frosts so the midges are thriving and very evident in the evenings so if he has been turned out during dawn/ dusk then he will probably have been bitten, even just one midge bite can set off the itching and rubbing, do not go by the time of year go by the weather and whether midges are around to make your decision.

Apercrumbie

Visit site
I won't be taking my boy's rug off until we've had a hard frost. He's definitely still itching and I keep seeing the darned midges! There's not that many, but obviously enough to still cause a problem.

joosie

Visit site
Yup, mine's still in his SI rug too. It's gone colder but it's not "cold" and there are still loads of flies out and about during the day. He usually has his on til end of November just to be on the safe side. The worst damage he ever did to himself was in a November!