swelling after castration

Toast

Visit site
when should i expect this to have gone? My lad was cut last wed and his sheath was massive from thursday onwards. Then it went down yesterday, today it seems to have reinflated.
He seems not to be in any pain, quite happily playing with friends and the like.
Should i worry if it stays reinflated?
x

mealrigghallstud

www.mealrigg-stud.co.uk
Usually takes a couple of weeks, although one of ours this year took nearly 3, as long as it is not hot and hard or dripping pussy gunk/smells bad - clear fluid is normal - then I would leave alone but keep an eye, it's just the sheath is in a spot where fluid builds up thanks to gravity so takes a while to disperse. Ring your vet if you are worried.

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
The best way to disperse the swelling is to use a cold hose on the area and 'bounce' it with your hand. (Start with the hose to desensitise them a bit first - then keep the hose running on the area when you bounce it. Most accept it very well.) It speeds things up a GREAT deal - large swellings brought almost back to normal in 24 hours - when they would take at least 3-4 days otherwise.

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
Just watch his temperature ,Rafi had complications after his and after two lots of antibiotics he had to have a general and it redone and loads of AB. His temperature went very high , very quickly so just keep an eye.