Swish Rugs - GrayMo Finally Got His On

Visit site
I bought GrayMo a nice shiney new rug last month and then realised he couldn't wear it for a while as it was far too warm for a 400g rug ??? but as I stepped outside this morning I got hit by an icy wind and my first thought - score! Gray can finally wear his new rug!

So I merrily tootle along to feed them and fetch out the new rug. A lovely Swish rug in 6'6"! I refrained from buying the pink one ??? Normally in the morning I just open Gray's door and follow him to the field with his breakfast so this morning he was a bit peeved when I didn't let him straight out and instead came into his stable and took his rug off. Poor Gray was most confused and kept nudging the door - until I pulled the shiney new rug out of it's bag and then he was all for having a nosey! Gray is such a Gay American Supermodel! As I popped it on he stood all smug and happy about his new clothes, all signs of impatience gone because he was getting a new rug! It has a detachable neck and as I put that on Gray primped and preened himself ready to show the world his dazzlingly handsome new look!

126482898_10158902564514721_4622841909224584117_o.jpg

So whilst it fits him nicely, though I would prefer the neck to be a touch bigger, I most certainly wouldn't be putting one on a thicker set horse than him! It is a lovely rug though and feels like it is going to be toasty warm!

It won't stay clean for long though! For whilst Gray loves getting new clothes he also loves giving himself a hefty mud pack every day - it's good for the skin don't you know!

P.s. I know his legs are puffy, he came in early yesterday to drain an abcess so he was in for about 6 hours longer than usual.

Last edited:

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Beast had hers on the other day too! She's much thicker set and it seems to fit ok! I think if I go a size up to 7ft it'll be much better though. Back down to medium weight now though as the 400g was very warm!

Visit site
Now step back and wait for the rugging your horse in a 400grm rug is a welfare issue.

Or maybe it is just me with a rug half that weight getting slated....

Yeah I know what we put on the horses at work and I would definitely say they are massively over rugger! So a 400g to me is nothing ???? My dartmoor has a 450g full neck rug that he wears unclipped for winter, he is currently in a 300g no neck but I will change that next week. He is the most pathetic native pony on the planet when it comes to weather!

I was very, very tempted go get him pink but I like my turnout rugs in neutral, darker colours.

SEL

Visit site
Very smart - I've got a selection of unused Swish necks which definitely don't get round the draft horse contingent!

I've also got blue but I threaten them with pink ?

sherry90

Visit site
I have a stable rug and found the neck quite roomy! Will possibly get a new turnout next year so do the turnouts fit differently? He’s either 6’9 or 7ft and I got a 7ft in the stable and its quite roomy ?