Swish rugs - how generous around the chest & neck?

Shooting Star

Visit site
I'm on the hunt for a summer sheet and have come across the swish ones but I've not had their rugs before and do sometimes struggle with rugs being a bit tight ... Anybody got swish rugs and if so how generous have you found them?

Overgrown Pony

Visit site
YO has a Swish turnout on her horse and the neck hole is so small/high that it looks like it's throttling the poor horse when it puts its head down to graze :( Not a big chested horse either

LadyRascasse

Visit site
They are designed to sit higher up the neck I have found they fit most horses well, I really like them. fantastic quality for the money. will see if I can find some photos of my 2 horses wearing them.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I love them. My horse has a short neck and not a lot of shoulder so I find that most rugs swamp him around that area and gape. Swish are a great fit for him as the neck/ shoulder shape keeps it in place. Great rugs, well made, haven't rubbed in 2 winters bar a bit of the mane towards the end of the winter.

Shooting Star

Visit site
Thanks LR & CC, all might not be lost then!

There seems to be a bit of a lack of summer sheets on the market, most are the amigo and weatherbeeta ones and they're definitely a smidge too snug so maybe i'll chance a Swish one and see what happens as the price isn't too bad.

LadyRascasse

Visit site
This is my chunky TB very broad chested big chunky neck, its never rubbed his chest or his mane out which other makes have

1962043_10151953662558683_136140194_o_zpsb9c17171.jpg

And this was my matchstick TB tiny chest and tiny neck only swish and horseware fitted her but the horseware ones rubbed her mane out

538161_10150869317903683_2088184771_n_zpsd8860da3.jpg

ETA it is not the same rug Jack has one 9 inches longer haha

Last edited:

Holzdweaver

Visit site
I only buy swish rugs now, they are the only ones that fit my horse well and dont rub, i had to go down a normal rug size though, and he isnt deep chested, iv got a pic somewhere, il dig it out :)

They are designed to sit higher up so they dont slip back and rub, nice and deep too.

This is my boy wearing his lightweight turnout (wanted blue but they hadnt got his size!!)
DSC_0057.jpg

and without his rug so you can see his shape
DSC_0118.jpg

Shooting Star

Visit site
I may have just 'accidentally' brought one in the name of experimentation and broadening my horizons ... It just slipped into my shopping basket - oopsie! :p

llohcins123

Visit site
I have to say I bought a Swish rug last week and so far I am so pleased with it. It's the best fitting rug on my horse who takes a 6ft 9. He's an ISH - not particularly heavy but he is very long and strangely shaped! I was unsure about size but ordered his usual size and it couldn't have fitted better. Waterproof and breathable - i'd highly recommend.

springtime1331

Visit site
I'm totally sold on the swish rugs. Bought a turnout each for my connie x TB and big warmblood. Both fitted beautifully and were so weatherproof. Great quality too. My only complaint was it took months to get both rugs delivered so if you want for winter I'd suggest you get ordering now!

Kat

Visit site
I like PE rugs but tried a swish one, they are a bit smaller than PE round the neck but not bad. I like them and think they are great for the price!

Shooting Star

Visit site
I like PE rugs but tried a swish one, they are a bit smaller than PE round the neck but not bad. I like them and think they are great for the price!

Yep I like PE too, they fit my boy well so I'm hoping that swish will suit. I would have got a PE summer sheet but they don't seem to do one, or at least not under £50 and I don't want to spend that much on a sheet.

Talyn

Visit site
I am a recent convert to Swish rugs. I use them on my finer horses as well as my traditional cobs - they are a great fit on all of them! :)

buddylove

Visit site
I too am a recent convert to Swish for my chunky sec d x tb. However, I would also like clips instead of buckles on the front. I must admit though I am now struggling to justify the PE prices, even on sale 😯