Swiss balls (!)

Mavis Cluttergusset

Visit site
I'm not going all post-watershed (disappointingly
smile.gif
) - I wondered whether anyone uses a swiss ball to aid core stability, to improve their riding. I had a break of a few weeks from my (intensive!) lessons due to illness and then a frozen school, and having had a lesson the other day I am woefully aware that my core muscles aren't man enough.

If you do use one, what exercises do you do? Or do you exercise in another way?

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
I do one excersise on mine, yes i'm lazy. I lay on it forwards and then with my hands on the floor in front of the ball i lift my legs and bum off the ball and kind of bounce up
blush.gif
. it really tones the bum! There is this girl on YT who has a body like rock and she does it.
May all of HHO attempt to have firm bums
grin.gif

ETA has nothing to do with core stability either
tongue.gif

ottodyl1

Visit site
I work in a physio department where we use 'swiss' or 'gym' balls to improve core stability in patients. There are lots of exercises you can do but it's a good idea if you can get somebody to show you how to engage your core muscles & do the exercises correctly. Have you got any pilates classes nearby you could go to as they tend to focus on core stability & do quite often include gym ball exercises?

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Is it one of those big ball things? I have one but no idea what the heck I'm meant to do on it. May well try this exercise then lol, how often do you do it??

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm about once a month
blush.gif
Every other day would be better. You do feel it working the area and i am very lazy with things like that. Give it a go
smile.gif

P.s yes the big round ball.

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I have one but its currently out in the garden
blush.gif
My nephew last played with it in the summer/autumn and I never brought it back in, think its a bit broken now. I would like a new one and to actually use it more than once!
grin.gif