Swollen Testicle Mystery

BritkLanz

New User
Visit site
We noticed my two year old stallion's enlargement when he was training this summer, and put him on 'break'. His testicles proceeded to swell so much we feared a hemorrhage of some sort and called the vet. The vet took a sample and sent it into his colleague at UPenn, who could not find any sort of infection. He also placed my stallion on antibiotics, which didn't help, either. He suggested castrating him so he can do a biopsy on him to figure out why he is so swollen, and suggested that he could be sterile. However, his swelling went down that week, still bigger than normal, but not big as usual. He never shows sign of uncomfort, and we had him checked for sperm count; it was normal. Now his testicles swell up and then go down randomly. The vet is at a loss, as are his colleagues. Does anybody know what could be causing this?

Springs

Visit site
We noticed my two year old stallion's enlargement when he was training this summer, and put him on 'break'. His testicles proceeded to swell so much we feared a hemorrhage of some sort and called the vet. The vet took a sample and sent it into his colleague at UPenn, who could not find any sort of infection. He also placed my stallion on antibiotics, which didn't help, either. He suggested castrating him so he can do a biopsy on him to figure out why he is so swollen, and suggested that he could be sterile. However, his swelling went down that week, still bigger than normal, but not big as usual. He never shows sign of uncomfort, and we had him checked for sperm count; it was normal. Now his testicles swell up and then go down randomly. The vet is at a loss, as are his colleagues. Does anybody know what could be causing this?

I would contact some of the bigger studs/ special equine vets who deal with stallions eg stallion AI, they may have some ideas. good luck

fburton

Visit site
Both testicles? And how much bigger were they compared to previously? (I say "previously" rather than "normal" because of his age.)

koeffee

Visit site
Are you sure e doesnt have a hole in is ring and a small amount of intestines are coming down??? this can go up and down wen they lie down?