SWUO & the 'Magic Bit'!

JAK

Visit site
Well, finally tried the 'magic bit' today, or the 'small loose ring low-ported snaffle', as I called it! (Was quite excited that several people suggested the bit I'd actually just bought! LOL!)

Well, we put it on & although it seemed to sit quite well in her mouth, she almost straight away started rolling it back in her mouth & crunching on it - the now familiar & depressing sound of teeth on metal was clear as day!
frown.gif

But then.........she stopped! Completely!
Just stood there, calm as anything, as if to say "Oh, this isn't so bad after all!"! (Bearing in mind she has only ever worn her little in-hand bit & I hadn't even wrapped the metal!)

Put her headcollar back on & she started up again but only briefly & looked positively relaxed!
Popped her little rubber saddle on her, did girth up & led her into school, where middle daughter led her round a few times! Pony quite happy!
Decided to 'go for broke' & MD hopped on & was led around in each direction - no problems at all!

Lots of pats, kisses & cuddles for SWUO then! First time she has been sat on with full tack (albeit no rein contact!) & still, no adverse reaction from her!
Tomorrow, we are going to try a little leg contact, to go with the voice commands & if all goes well, will perhaps try gently picking up the reins at the weekend!

Fingers crossed! (Sorry, I'm sure most of you are sick to death of hearing about the smelly little s*d by now but for those few that aren't......! LOL)
laugh.gif

JAK

Visit site
Do you lot realise we have now owned the litttle oik for nearly a year & have been slowly working away at her for all this time?
We always said we would stop immediately if the pony couldn't cope at any stage but so far, this hasn't happened & I am actually beginning to believe that we may actually be able to 'ride' her one day! (After a fashion anyway! LOL)

S_N

Visit site
This is awesome news!!!

As has already been said - am eagerly awaiting next installment - and maybe a.........video
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

JAK

Visit site
It was such a spur of the moment thing tonight, we didn't have camera with us! Pity, as she looked so pretty in all her little pony tack! Awww!
smile.gif

mandy4727

Visit site
Well done. I for one love hearing about how you are going with SWUO. I knew you would do it and was looking forward to hearing that you finally had tack and a rider on board. Keep up the good work. There will be 2 steps back for one step forward (maybe more) but you are doing well.
Keep up the good work.

JAK

Visit site
Hhmm! A SWUO blog? What to prevent me cluttering up the forum with my miserable literary efforts about her, you mean? Yes, that could work!
grin.gif