Sycamore seedling warning

L&M

Visit site
Plenty around us too, seem to be coming out earlier this year too.

Having lost a youngster to sycamore 3 springs ago we spot them very quickly now......

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Where are you? I'm probably a week or two behind up here but I'll start my look out. Next door have, however, just chopped down their little sycamore tree which made me very happy. So when we chop our, slightly larger one, down we probably wont have too much of a problem.... the nearest taller sycamores are a mile away then.

Carrottom

Visit site
I'm in West Wales and usually we are a week or two behind. That's why I was a little surprised. My winter field is beside a wood and normally I moved them before the seedlings appear.

SamBean

Visit site
I've not found anything yet this year but will keep more of an eye out now, there were loads last year. They come over from my neighbour's field which is quite away across the lane from us. :(

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
We found that there were very few helicopter seeds last year and hopefully the squirrels have cleaned some up (if they eat them that is). We certainly didn't find any to pick up unlike the previous year when we had loads.

Kaylum

Visit site
They can travel a fair way dependant on the wind and can also be found in hay. My friend lost one of hers last year and it was very quick, the vet suspected sycamore poisioning. One seed can kill a horse.