Synthetic bridles- shopping help needed!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I know people on here like a challenge so was wondering if anyone could please find my bridle as I love it (basic synthetic one) as it's so easy to just put in the washing machine but after several years is on the tatty side.

It's a Roma one, pictures below. I cannot find anything similar bar the Libbys ones but I've heard mixed reviews on them. I don't do ebay/ random sites either so it needs to be a reputable site

I've heard of Zilco but they're a bit more than I'm currently looking at spending. Those who have the Zilco/ biothene material ones can they go in the washing machine? That's why I love mine so much if they need wiping etc it defeats the object of a synthetic bridle in my opinion!

I've seen this but will he be petrified of it? Also is the material fairly flexible or really stiff if anyone has had one?

Id want black im not brave enough for a funky coloured one! If anyone can find a matching running martingale even better, his current one is the same synthetic material of the bridle. Noseband isn't too essential as I use the leather grackle. Bonus points if someone finds a synthetic equivalent.

When I've been watching the racing I've seen a few that look like they are wearing the bridle I Currently have but of course they may also have got them ages ago :(

https://www.countrybase.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=norton-synthetic-bridle

20200803_193646.jpg20200803_193701.jpg

catembi

Visit site
I have some biothane bridles. I have never put them in the washing machine. I rinse them under the tap, with a bit of soap (normal hand soap) if I need to shift the grease.

There is the Collegiate Syntovia, or Wintec does a bridle. I had a Libby's bridle back in the day & really didn't like it. The eyelets come out & the headpiece isn't comfort & the whole thing was separate webbing straps over the poll held together with a browband so not very comfy.

I have been trying v hard to find an anatomic synthetic bridle like the stubben freedom but I just cannot find one.

chaps89

Visit site
Google endurance bridles UK, you'll find lots of choice.
I have a fabric one from Plas Equestrian that I'm very happy with (you can get it in more traditional colours - or more vulgar ones if you prefer!)

Screenshot_20200421-111151_Gallery.jpg

J&S

Visit site
I have a Zilco, I don't put it in the washing machine but I just dump it in a bucket of warm soapy water, swill it around and rinse off. I have had it for probably 15 years or so and use it all the time. It is good value for money.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Thank you for this! The Collegiate Syntovia looks especially Interesting as it has a grackle option but lots of places seem to be out of stock :( how do you find sizing compared to standard bridles @catembi? He's usually cob size (typically the oos one!) If I knew they were getting more in next month I'd just wait but if they're being discontinued I'll just get a cavesson one and use my leather grackle but if just waiting a month means I get the grackle ill do that.

@J&S is your Zilco noisy eg does it creak when putting it on etc? I think it'll give H hysterics if it does.

@chaps89 the one in your picture is the exact sort of material im looking for but their website isn't updated and I've had a look at their Facebook page but no idea of costs/ examples of styles etc :(

Hallo2012

Visit site
try performance equestrian-i have one for my hacking bitless bridle as wanted one with a lower jaw strap to anchor it.

good quality and i dunk in a bucket to wash.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
try performance equestrian-i have one for my hacking bitless bridle as wanted one with a lower jaw strap to anchor it.

good quality and i dunk in a bucket to wash.

^^ Ditto this. Steve who's the Gaffer is a nice helpful bloke and will custom-make something if your horse is a difficult sizing.

I've got a couple of their two-in-one bridles, where you can just unclip the bit and the thing turns into a headcollar, for my two. When you've come back from a hot sticky ride you just chuck the bridle in a bucket. Simples!

Steerpike

Visit site
Pioneer Endurance are very good quality and Zoe is very helpful, multitude of colours and very easy to look after!

chaps89

Visit site
the one in your picture is the exact sort of material im looking for but their website isn't updated and I've had a look at their Facebook page but no idea of costs/ examples of styles etc

Ah, I think they were doing a new website but it's obviously not live yet. Lise is very friendly if you were to drop her a message.
If you can bear scrolling through FB photos there are a few photos of different styles/designs over the year but unfortunately she doesn't have albums to put them all in one place.
Cost wise mine was around £100 from memory, including the reins.
Mine is now 2 years old perhaps and just gets chucked in the washing machine with numnah etc and comes out like new. Next time round I'd go for brass fittings though I think.
A friend had her bridles (she had flash noseband and martingales for hers) and they were still going strong 10+ years later, so although it's expensive up front, it's good value for money in my view.

EnduroRider

Visit site
Biothane definitely can go in the washing machine, and I've heard of others using the dishwasher instead. I regularly do so but tend to pop them in one of those fabric laundry bags in an effort to limit the clattering noise!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Thanks everyone

At the moment I'm leaning towards the Collegiate Syntovia as they do a Mexican Grackle version and it comes with rubber reins so I'm getting the full package, the only trouble is its out of stock everywhere bar full size which I think would be too big, or the odd one in "warmblood" which id have no idea on the fit of, and they are mostly brown i want black.

I've emailed them to see if they're coming back in stock or if discontinued as if they're due back in ill wait

If not ill probably do a mix and match of the Zilco headpiece, then the Collegiate reins and martingale as they sell them separately. Then ill just have to use my leather grackle

Zilco do a grackle but would you say this is a Mexican grackle or more like the ones they use in racing that sit lower?

http://www.zilco.eu/products/197651

Annoyingly the Syntovia is available in cob in the flash but someone won't let me trim their beard yet gets all hysterical if the cavesson noseband is being done up and the beard gets caught. That problem is lessened with the grackle due to where it fastens there's less chance of beard being caught than with a flash. I would love for the beard to be removed but no chance!