T4/T6

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Just posting for information on anyone who might search for them, T4/T6 is the finish of the saddle, a sub range (ie T4 is wholly synthetic, T6 part leather and T8 fully leather) and tells you nothing about which model/tree/fit for the horse you need.

If you want to look for the right thing, or advise to others, there is a 3 (or 4?) letter code stamped on the sweat flap which indicates the model (ask Thorowgood head office to interpret if you're not sure) or if you're looking you need to know the model such as Cob, Pony Club, Hi Wither, Compact etc.

I don't even fit them but I see it ALL the time and "T4" won't help you at all to decide whether it might fit your horse.

Dontforgetaboutme

Visit site
So if its suede like and synthetic it's T6?
T4 is suede like, T6 is pleather like, T8 is pleather & real leather seat & flaps. Kent & Masters is all leather version. They are progressively more expensive as you go through the ranges. As Sbloom says there is various models, these should fit the same across the ranges but they do feel different as got different level of padding the more expensive the range.

webble

Visit site
T4 is suede like, T6 is pleather like, T8 is pleather & real leather seat & flaps. Kent & Masters is all leather version. They are progressively more expensive as you go through the ranges. As Sbloom says there is various models, these should fit the same across the ranges but they do feel different as got different level of padding the more expensive the range.
They also have different fits within each range eg cob, high wither, close contact

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk

Thank you, just shows I don't know them that well lol!

The model/fit is the MOST important part, the other part is more about feel for the rider, price, and the type of care needed.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Weirdly I had a T4 HW GP and really quite liked it. This was years ago. So when the T6 came out I upgraded slightly to that and hated it!
The only real difference should have been the finish but it felt completely different.