Tacho in Iveco 75E15 - not working when came back from plate....

PetalPower

Visit site
Wonder if anyone could shed some light for me please? When I bought my lorry the speedo didn't work and quickly found out that if tacho paper was put in this started it up and have had no problems since. Until........it went in for it's plate this week and has come back with the tacho not working. It still has paper in. Have tried opening the tacho door which reset the needle back to zero but the orange light at the bottom is continuing to flash and the speedo doesn't work. I had the guys from the servicing place out today who said they drove it up and down and the speedo worked - they said the paper was faulty? Unfortunately I wasn't there to see this. When I went back this afternoon, I tried the lorry again and the same problem is still there!!!

Has anyone else come across this problem and have any advice on how to reset it? Would really appreciate any help before I call the guys out again.

Thanks in advance.

ROG

Visit site
With speedo not working its illegal to go on the road unless going directly to a place where it is booked to be fixed

tacho does not matter if not under EU regs

Are you certain it is shut properly as even a slight opening can make the speedo stay at zero ????

PetalPower

Visit site
Thank you for your reply ROG. Have got the speedo working by opening the tacho and reclosing it but needs resetting every time the isolator is switched off. This didn't happen before and the amber light is still flashing all the time. Does anyone know why this has started happening and how to stop it? Whilst I'm happy that the speedo is working, it's annoying to have to reset every time when I didn't before!! Any advice appreciated!

Fun Times

Visit site
Hiya. I had something similar on my iveco. I think it has something to do with the isolator switch as you say. Someone once told me that by switching off the power to the taco then on again, it was messing with the computer. Not sure if thats correct. We never fully got to rhe bottom of it to be honest.

ROG

Visit site
Thank you for your reply ROG. Have got the speedo working by opening the tacho and reclosing it but needs resetting every time the isolator is switched off. This didn't happen before and the amber light is still flashing all the time. Does anyone know why this has started happening and how to stop it? Whilst I'm happy that the speedo is working, it's annoying to have to reset every time when I didn't before!! Any advice appreciated!

Try putting plastic discs in it where the card ones would be - that might stop a flashing light