Tack cleaning again!

Scribbles

Visit site
I have sadde soap, ko-cho-line and neatsfoot oil. What's the best way to go about it, as I find that when I use the ko-cho-line my tack goes sticky and spongy.

Cliqmo

Visit site
Use Effex instead
grin.gif

Wash any very dirty tack in warm water, apply Neatsfoots (liberally if tack is bad) allow to dry and apply again if necessary. Once dry use saddle soap and allow to dry, buff the leather with a clean soft cloth if you require a "show shine"
grin.gif

RachelB

Visit site
I've never used Ko-cho-line but I was always lead to believe it was best used before storing tack rather than a regular application? Ignore me if I'm being stupid
smirk.gif

I personally use Belvoir/NAF cleaner or warm water to get the grease off, oil if necessary, leave to dry then apply NAF soft soap (gorgeous stuff) or some sort of leather balsam. The soap is more for regular cleaning and the balsam and oil are reserved for cleaning before competitions.
smile.gif

Cahill

Visit site
i mainly use ko-cho-line or neatsfoot if i am going to be not using something for a while.(apply then wrap in newspaper)

for tack cleaning...

basicaly,you wash the leather to get grease,mud etc off,then, feed the leather with a balsm to keep it supple,then saddle-soap the flat side to waterproof it.

hellybelly6

Visit site
Wipe the grease off with a warm damp cloth or sponge. Then use 'leather soap' or I prefer to use a balm. Rub this thoroughly into the leather, leave to dry and then polish with a dry clean cloth.

I feed my leather once a month, or whenever it has been used in the wet.

I am a bit of a tack cleaning fiend.

Tnavas

Visit site
Ko-Cho-Line is for storing tack not for everday use.

Wash it off with warm water and glycerine, then when dry lightly oil with Flexelan and the Glycerine saddle soap.

Too much oil weakens leather.

miss_bird

Visit site
i was taught by and older person many years ago to wipe clean first, warm the neatsfoot in a saucepan to finger warm (helps the leather absorb it,) paint on with a pasty brush leave to dry and then i use cant rember now what leather stuff to give it a clean shiny look

D

Donkeymad

[ QUOTE ]
Ko-Cho-Line is for storing tack not for everday use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank god somebody else has posted this too, I posted this on her thread in NL.

njkswan

New User
Visit site
TO AVOID TACK CLEANING BUY THE NEW AND MODERN LEMICO RANGE WHICH IS SYNTHETIC BUT ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE LEATHER , ALL YOU NEED IS SPAO AND WATER