Tack cleaning wipes vs leather wipes

RubysGold

Visit site
I was looking at maybe buying some of those wipes for cleaning tack with. I HATE cleaning tack and dont do it often enough. Thought maybe it would be worth having the wipes to just use after each ride :)

But I was wondering, are leather wipes (like for leather sofas etc) the same thing?? because their a LOT cheaper!

MissTyc

Visit site
I've used them for years (my dirty little secret haha) and all my tack looks glorious, stitching impeccable.

£1.67 for ASDA for 30 or something ...

Lynds

Visit site
Another vote for baby wipes. I read about it in a motorbike magazine for cleaning leathers as it cleans and conditions. Just don't buy v cheap value ones, you'll use twice as many so not really such a bargain! huggies or tesco own brand are my wipe of choice!

Mince Pie

Visit site
For those using baby wipes, you may to to Google it - apparently it's not good for the leather :)

Last edited:

flying_high

Visit site
I was looking at maybe buying some of those wipes for cleaning tack with. I HATE cleaning tack and dont do it often enough. Thought maybe it would be worth having the wipes to just use after each ride :)

But I was wondering, are leather wipes (like for leather sofas etc) the same thing?? because their a LOT cheaper!

Also wondering about this - these look good.

I googled baby wipes long term are pretty bad for leather.

But these look good! Anything to encourage more cleaning between deep cleans!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lord-Shera...an+wipes+lord&qid=1552563771&s=gateway&sr=8-5

mandyroberts

Visit site
I use Kieffer Leather Fluid for everyday cleaning. Unlike some of the other products which remove dirt it conditions the leather so you don't need to apply more product (soap/cream) very often. There are other cleaners which are more 'aggressive' (take off dirt faster) but they don't condition the leather so I wouldn't use as a '1 step' clean. Downside is its hard to get in the UK.....So a damp cloth may be the best option