Tack for large horses

jayvee

Visit site
We have a clydsdale x and he wears x-full bridle. Which we purchased from a local tack shop. Not branded, just plain good old english leather.

6103claire

Visit site
Hiya

Just saw this on H&H website and thought it might be of help!

Q&A: Equipment for huge horses

12 November, 2002

Expert advice from HORSE magazine on finding large rugs and tack for big horses

Q: I own a 17hh part-bred Shire/Thoroughbred mare and find it very difficult to find big enough rugs and tack to fit.Can you advice on where I should go?

Carolyn Henderson replies: "There are several companies which make made-to-measure rugs, such as Lansdown, (tel: 0117 932 4609).

You might also like to get in touch with the Society of Master Saddlers, (tel: 01449 711 642) and the Shire Horse Society, (tel: 01733 234 451) for further advice."

Andrew Jackson of Work Horse Sundries, says: "You may like to know that we make heavy horse harnesses and riding tack, some of which can be seen on our website: www.workhorsesundries.com

We can send a free catalogue, including a measurement chart for made-to-measure items.

Contact: 2 Main Street, Wardy Hill, Ely, Cambs, CB6 2DF. (tel: 01353 778 713).

pfarrugia

Visit site
how big are you looking for? I have a 17.3 ID and although a struggle sometimes I can get everything I need from the major tack shops. I have x-full kieffer or stubben bridles oh and a rhinegold and heritage one (when I see them I buy them!!) and he's a 7ft 3 rug which most manufacturers do. My boy can;t wear weatherbeeta tho as they are too narrow and he just breaks the fronts - the mark todd combo t/o rugs are good and the masta stable rugs are fab. Hope this helps - in fact have a kieffer flash bridle BN looking for a new home if you want to PM me!!

JessPickle

Visit site
I have pickle a 17.2hh clydsdale x.

He has an extra full jefferies bridle
A thermatex cooler they come up big most people get the size down but perfect for big horse owners and they go up to 7ft 3
His other rugs are fal pro and fit him nicely
His lightweight rug is "the hunt range" it came with him and fits him so well. Has really deep sholders on it.
Also have mark todd rugs also a good fit

His saddle is a Gatehouse fieldhouse saddle its extra wide with a 18.5" seat!!!

He is a 6" in bits so I can get bits that fit him.

Gentle_Warrior

Visit site
Rugs are not such a problem, he is 6ft 6 but is also 6'6 wide !!! or at least seems it. Bridle is Stubeen extra full, saddle wintex etra wide, rugs he can't wear amigo, too narrow at neck or rambo as to short in the body. He is jest Very thick and broad in the neck and chest, Photo below might show better - managed to get a shire size martingale though which is a bonus, SHould arrive tomorrow [image]
full.jpg
[/image]