Tack lockers

mrgoop

Visit site
It depends what type you want.
Ifor williams do one that fits into their trailers. They are a couple of hundred pounds new!! I have one that is looking for a new home in the future (oops not advertising) It has only been used a couple of times
Other than that don't know where you find different ones

_jetset_

Visit site
Thanks, but I mean for the tack room
smile.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
No, I mean a locker that has saddle racks inside it that can be locked from the outside... I think they can be called Tack safes too
confused.gif

pocket

Visit site
Do a google search uk and you'll get them, there are a few companies that do them for around £200
wink.gif

equibabe20

Visit site
I got mine from robinsons, although a lot of people at they yard made their own out of kitchen cupboards! they actually work quite well, wish I'd thought of doing that first!

Enfys

Visit site
A friend of mine made one out of a Freezer! Stood it on end, ripped the gubbins out of it, fitted a lock, sprayed it and it did the job, you had to look twice to realise that it started out as a freezer that cost a fiver from the reclamation centre.

I just used an Army surplus metal locker, the only complaint was that the saddles had to go in sideways rather than the usual way.

Louby

Visit site
Years ago people all used to use chest freezers and put a lock on them. My dad made me a wooden tack box with a saddle rack in it. A Girl at old yard had a Robinsons one but I didnt think they were very secure. You could also try a metal filing cabinet??