Tack Room Clearout?

_daisy_

Visit site
so ive decided this morning that over the Easter break, im going to have a good clearout of all my horsey stuff - from small things like boots to larger items like buckets, stable and turnout rugs. BUT I need to sell them (need to pay the unfortunate vet bill thats coming soon) and dont know if I can be bothered listing them on ebay what with the extortionate fees with ebay & Paypal.

So should I take them to a local auction centre, advertise in the local free paper, or find a table top sale?

Also does anyone know any table top/equine car boot sales going on in South Yorkshire? im willing to travel to suitable places if I get enough items worth taking.

floradora09

Visit site
Are there any local yards that you could type out a list of everything you're selling and pin up on their noticeboard? That seems to work quite well round here :)

_daisy_

Visit site
never thought of that tbh lol., yeah there are a few yards and feed merchants around so will make a note of everything. And if they are local they can pick up as the corner mangers ive got a very bulky and heavy so would cost a fortune to post

savannahmelody

Visit site
Im not far from you,we only have small ponies so probably not be interested in rugs etc as your neddy looks a bit bigger than my tiddlers lol,any stable/yard equipment etc though if you want to PM me a list when you have sorted out I might be interested as I compulsively buy that sort of thing,my OH may not thank you though.

_daisy_

Visit site
yeah ill do that no probs, hopefully get it done on good friday.
whereabouts are you?
How small are your tiddlers? ive got a mixture now, my biggest is 17.3hh lol but my little one is 14.1hh.

Bojangles

Visit site
Im after a light weight combo or a lightweight medieum is it 100gm one not sure? 7ft if you got any rugs in this please pm me. Ta x I need to tidy all my stuff out now.

_daisy_

Visit site
hi everyone,
think the littelest rug I have is a 5'3 which I got for my foal but the majority will be 6'3 with some 6'6, 6'9.
sorry to say though I wont be selling my thermatex's though may have some other coolers if you are interested?

bojangles - do you wnat a light/middle weight stable rug or turnout?

SonnysHumanSlave

Visit site
Im looking for a cob sized roller if you've got one.

:)

other then that no idea, ebay has free listing today and tomorrow i think. I have always sold successfully on there, however i have stuff in a 2nd hand tack shop place that has been there forever, really need to get it back.

_daisy_

Visit site
sorry with the roller, ive only got one and dont want to get rid of that.

doubt ill get it all sorted out tomorrow and put online before the free listing days finish and I bet they wont have another when I want to list it - though itll be a mammoth job what with writing the ad, taking the pics and uploading them to the laptop then ebay. arghh why did I have to buy loads of stuff tha I no longer use?

_daisy_

Visit site
oooh never heard of preloved, will definitely look into that.
but saying that youve just reminded me that Cates forum MMH also has a tack section so will def put it up in there as well.

P.s - just in case anyone wonders - I didnt do this for free advertising of my gear, not that im complaining that a good few of you are interested in stuff :)

Bojangles

Visit site
hi everyone,
think the littelest rug I have is a 5'3 which I got for my foal but the majority will be 6'3 with some 6'6, 6'9.
sorry to say though I wont be selling my thermatex's though may have some other coolers if you are interested?

bojangles - do you wnat a light/middle weight stable rug or turnout?

A turn out please x

boriscb74

Visit site
Any Amigo 6 ft 9 stable rugs? What other stable rugs do you have that are that size? Can you PM me a list please? Thanks.

_daisy_

Visit site
yes ill copy you all a list when ive got it written up, hopefully itll be done on good friday so not long to wait lol.
dont think ive got any amigo stable rugs but got lots of weatherbeetas incl combos, some masta stable rugs, JHL, Rambo.I havent used any of them for roughly 5years so cant remember exactly what ive got off the top of my head but will def sort through them and get the list written asap