Tack room in the house - how is yours organised?

Carrottom

Visit site
We lived in a bungalow and had a huge bathroom the back wall was the utility room, so we subdivided the bathroom, and opened into the utility room. My husband then put a saddle racks the full width across made of wood. The bridle racks were on the back wall, and there was room for boxes underneath the saddle rack.
I am a great lover of the posh shed, you put all the things that are unlikely to get nicked, freezer, tumble dryer, and then you have room for the important things in life. If you make a V shaped saddle rack wall to wall, you can get a lot on it, and need less space as saddles tend to be wider from pommel to cantle. What about an old wardrobe painted and fitted out?
Please can you explain the v shaped saddle rack wall to wall - I can't visualise it although it sounds like a good idea. ?

HashRouge

Visit site
My saddles are in my bedroom, doesn’t everyone do this?

I do have space outside but from a security pov my saddles and bows are in the bedroom. OH’s bikes are in a spare bedroom, my mtb is in the utility room (as are the cats, which OH is allergic to). Bridles etc are kept in feed room/hay shed.
Mine's in my bedroom too!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
You're going to hate me, but when we restored/rebuilt our 200 year old house we built a dedicated tack room with extra insulation, wood paneled walls, heating, barred window, and enough racking for 10 saddles and 20 bridles.

Well my saddle cupboard is humidity controlled. Nerrr. ?

But it is only under the stairs to the hay loft.