Tack shop in Yorkshire. . Wolds area.

Fiona

Visit site
Hubby and I are holidaying in Yorkshire this week staying near Filey, though we are planning trips to York and to Wakefield for the Coal Mining museum in the next few days...

Can anyone local suggest a really good tackshop we could visit while we are here.....

Many thanks

Fiona

SecretAgentBilly

Visit site
R and R is probably the best imo, rideaway I haven't found as well stocked since it was taken over by pets at home. Robinsons also has a good variety but isn't as big. There are also smaller ones such as BATA near Stamford bridge which is worth a look if your passing although you couldn't spend hours there.

Theocat

Visit site
I"m local to rideaway and I don't think it's as good as it used to be (although it was never perfect) - they seem to have a huge amount of stuff, but not much choice.

teacups

Visit site
There is Fox saddlers in Wetherby, not huge but been established a long time, might be worth a visit if it's near your route - Wetherby is almost on the M1.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I used to love Rideaway but not since it was taken over. R and R is big, but I would also second Iron Horse in Moss, lovely tea room with Cream Teas and cakes, really worth the visit!

Iron Horse started small and has expanded a number of times. Knowledgeable staff, and willing to spend time finding and ordering stuff in if they are short of anything.

madamebonnie

Visit site
If you happen to go through Harrogate Beavers is my favourite. Every time I go home I have to stop in. Not cheap but a lovely selection, particularly clothing. Foxes is also nice in Wetherby if you pass the M1