Tack shops in Buckinghamshire?

Shantara

Visit site
So, I bought a little book of postcodes to keep in my car (I have a sat nav (Susan!) and I like her by my side) and I realised I only have a few, most of them are tack shops! I figured I might as well get the whole collection. Can anyone tell me if I've missed any? Even remotely horsey farm shops or pet shops will do :p

Horsatack
RB Equestrain
Teresa's Tack Shop

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I used to live in the Beds/Herts/Bucks area and my local tack shops were Denne country stores and the Tack Haven/TC Feeds.

I don't know if they're near you? I miss them loads though as my new local saddlery/tack shop just doesn't offer the same range of stuff.

Brontie

Visit site
You've got TC Feeds Tack Haven, which is Markyate / Dunstable way. Then you've got Waddingtons which is Hockliffe, only open on Saturdays, small selections but very cheap pricing!

WelshD

Visit site
Not in Bucks but about 40 mins up the A5 is Tower Farm Saddlers in Barby which is wonderful for a good mooch around lots of stuff there also cheap feed and bedding and loads of choice, they have a branch in Northampton but it's not as good as the Barby one

Posie

Visit site
Two Times tack in Long Crendon, but that may be Oxfordshire?
Equestrian World in Peppard Common, not sure if thats Oxfordshire too!

Slightly Foxed

Visit site
If you're doing Beds there's Bury Farm and Equisense; Keysoe also has a tack shop but it's north Beds so may be a little far. Does Loughton Manor still have a tack shop?

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Loughton does but went in there a couple of weeks ago and mainly stocked up for the clients rather than general public.
Hunters just has a few bits and bobs ie haynets, powders, brushes.
Dennes in Soulbury is good and staff know their stuff (and you can have a giggle at all the line dancing stock).
Bury farm has nice stuff too and you can pick up some schedules to plan for next year when you're out at shows with Ned :)

Shantara

Visit site
Hehe, as Carefreegirl knows I don't really 'do' Loughton anymore! We did buy a lovely winter jacket from there when I rode there years ago though.
How are you BTW? Not heard from you for a while! I'll have to PM you :)

Thanks guys! I want to do a mini tour of tack shops with my friend on saturday as a couple are having sales :D (not that I need any more rubbish!!)

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Just thought - be careful at Waddingtons - I went in for a numnah and came out with a horse !
Don't know if he still does but Chris used to breed appy's and had a couple for sale.......

WelshD

Visit site
There is Cox and Robsinson in Buckingham but thats not really great, its a bit like Countrywide

Forgot to mention that the one I mentioned Tower Farm Saddlers has some secondhand items like jod/long/mucker boots and odd bits of secondhand tack, a really good clothing section and also a bargain section of new rugs/bandages/boots where packages have split, odd rugs from old ranges etc

Also just off the A5 is Horseatack, Countrywide at Towcester and Wakefield Court so you could visit four shops alltogether!

missk

Visit site
Pednor equestrian supplies
Equine essentials
The shop at Bellingdon
Widmer equestrian
You can't beat Catlips in Herts for a bargain.

ecrozier

Visit site
Jods galore/Eileen Douglas/equestrian world are all Oxfordshire.
Think there is one in seer green area - Chalfont Saddlery?