Tack stolen East Northamptonshire/Cambs border

Hutchlou

Visit site
Had a break in last night at the stables where I keep my horse. They had broken the lock & forced the door. They completely cleared the tack room, taking every single piece of leatherwork regardless of how old & knackered some of it was! Oddly, they did leave every rug, including two brand new ones - one of which was still in it's bag right near the door...
Not much hope of recovery I guess, but if anyone hears of a almost new Brown 16.5W Paul Jones GP saddle for sale, please let me know.
frown.gif

Hutchlou

Visit site
Quite possibly. From the amount that was taken, they clearly would have needed a transit sized van. Makes you wonder where they manage to sell everything though, if there's been that many thefts in the area recently.

Taboo1968

Visit site
Yes Northamptonshire seems to be a hotspot at the moment....... hopefully they will be caught soon enough!

For all those in Northamptonshire, the horsewatch group is now up and running....... so if you'd like to join, PM me for details etc

Aragon56

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yes Northamptonshire seems to be a hotspot at the moment....... hopefully they will be caught soon enough!

For all those in Northamptonshire, the horsewatch group is now up and running....... so if you'd like to join, PM me for details etc

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend of mine on facebook posted this morning about her tack room also being cleared out last night. She is in Rugby, near the A5-I wonder if the two are connected?
frown.gif

sundaysmile

Visit site
Hi were just on the edge of northamptonshire and warwickshire border and our yard got totally cleared out on saturday night, same as yours cleared the tack room of nearly everything regardless of its age, the also took some rugs but not all and a load of power tools.... they were def came mob handed as they cleared so many diff areas...

mad.gif
mad.gif

Hutchlou

Visit site
Sounds like they've had a busy fortnight then...
frown.gif

I'm keeping an eye on Ebay at the moment. They must be selling all of the stuff somewhere...
Thank goodness that they don't seem to be harming any horses. It's just a long slog trying to replace everything...
frown.gif

lizthomas

New User
Visit site
hi im new just wanted to add that i had my place broken into and they took everything tack, rugs and clippers? cleared all my hooks off bits? and old stuff? harryhall riding hat, travel boots lead ropes, head collars you name it they took. my place is south northants /castby/badby it happened on the 4/10/99 evening. does anyone know of any tack sales on please??? thank liz

Saints_fan88

Visit site
This is getting out of hand now
frown.gif
how many more of us have to lose our things before they're caught?? Have any of you had any contact from the police about what they're actually doing about it, if anything????
mad.gif

Apparently Melton Mowbry has a big sale at the end of this month.

fatpiggy

Visit site
Don't expect the police to do a thing - they just see it as an insurance claim and everyone is happy, forever and ever, Amen.

lexibell

Visit site
Tell me about it, the police said to us, they will almost certainly be back, once they think we've all replaced everything on insurance, what are they doing to stop this happening??? absolutley NOTHING!! so now we all sit and wait, excellent strategy.

Reading all of the Northants posts the whole situation feels crazy, are there any yards that havent been done yet?? I think that might be a shorter thread.

Sorry if I sound like Im ranting, im just still annoyed to think those scumbags have my stuff and they were creeping around my boy after dark, makes me sick.

Saints_fan88

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Tell me about it, the police said to us, they will almost certainly be back, once they think we've all replaced everything on insurance, what are they doing to stop this happening??? absolutley NOTHING!! so now we all sit and wait, excellent strategy.

Reading all of the Northants posts the whole situation feels crazy, are there any yards that havent been done yet?? I think that might be a shorter thread.

Sorry if I sound like Im ranting, im just still annoyed to think those scumbags have my stuff and they were creeping around my boy after dark, makes me sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel exactly the same!!!! I feel like i'm ranting all the time but it's just so sickening to think how those people can just decide to take our things one day, and we're just powerless to stop them!!! If they're not being caught why the hell should the stop?! obviously beats working for a living!!! Why don't we all start stealing other people's things if the police aren't guna bother to catch anyone!!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif

*sorry big rant over!!*

We're definitely being hit at the moment, you just have to look at the frequency of reports from Northampton going up on here, and there must be loads more of people who don't post too.
frown.gif

lexibell

Visit site
As you know Im with you entirely of this one, I have to try to stop myself logging on to this part of the forum, as every single time someone new in Northants has been caught out and its completely sickening, we're trying to step up security at our yard, but realistically what can we do?? we've got all tack engraved with postcodes (mine nolonger kept on site though) everything else is marked with smart water and or locked away, all horses are either microchiped or freezemarked or both, and we've even been looking at these little branding irons the blacksmith can use to brand your horses hooves with your postcode, what else is there??? but I dont feel safe up there anymore and I constantly worry, not about tack, because thats replaceable, its what insurance is for i suppose, but my boy is not replaceable, I can not even begin to imagine how i would feel if anything happened to him. sorry I am actually ranting pointlessly now, am going to stop and just keep hoping Northants has had its share now and they will move on some where else and preferably get caught somewhere along the way. hmmmmffpppppfff.

monster123

New User
Visit site
We had a visit on Friday night , so they are certainly busy and draining us all dry. Yard is on the outskirts of Rugby and funny thing is I returned saddle day before after it had been cleaned at home. So annoyed , are these guys going to stop at the tack or move on to the horses.

UUUUrrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhh we all work hard and the tack sentimental to us all, and its just heartless to say these can easily be replaced as its not as simple as that and like you say they will be back.

Apparently there was a tack sale in Oxford yesterday but I will be looking out for the Melton Mowbray to take a trip. I think as horse owners gotta stick together and listen out for cheap tack being sold anywhere.
frown.gif
frown.gif

Trubie

Visit site
Melton tack sales are held at the cattle market on the first saturday of every month.
Would definatley be worth a look as A LOT of stuff is sold through there in all sorts of conditions...
Just hoping our yard isnt next
frown.gif

Saints_fan88

Visit site
Hey everyone check my latest post on recent victims of theft in northants - there's been a load of stolen goods recovered that they think could be from our area!!

dressage_diva

Visit site
MrT - I'm really interested in hearing more details about the Northants Horsewatch group. Have tried PMing you but your PMs are full - could you PM me some info please! Thanks
smile.gif