Taking a break from horses??

SilentEcho

Visit site
Hi all,
I know this isn't a 'competition post' per se but thought I might get better replies in here! Basically I am at a cross roads - with a bit more competition experience my mare could do a medium fairly soon. Problem is one, she is NOT an easy ride and two, I don't have transport and have competed twice since April. I am dependent on a friend for transport and she doesn't compete much. I just feel I have got so frustrated with the whole thing I can't see the wood for the trees, I had all these plans and small goals and I have realised as the year is ending I have achieved none of them nor am I likely to do in the foreseeable future. My own transport is at least a year away, which seems like an eternity now.

As of this morning my horse is on full livery with my instructor, I just can't face it any more. Any tips on how to get out of my rut, take the pressure off, have fun again? I feel miserable without my horse already!

Thanks.

KatB

Visit site
I would take her off full livery, and use the money you save towards a lorry/trailer. In the mean time, enjoy her! Take the pressure off both of you, and enjoy until you are in a position to start getting out again
smile.gif
Use the time to have lessons to improve both of you, but do it to enjoy it!
smile.gif

OldGit

Visit site
you could try advertising locally for a lorry-buddy, if you can get out more you'll get closer to your goals, have you looked at cost of hiring, won't be cheap but again will get you out.

SilentEcho

Visit site
Hi KatB and OldGit,

Thanks for your replies, and the smilies KatB! I think I just need to take the pressure off. Unfortunately due to my geographical location hiering a small lorry is impossible but something I definately would have done. My car wouldn't be able to tow either and again it will be a year/career progression before I could change it. I will have a good think about anyone who may be local and passing on the way to shows tho! I would be their slave forever! Forgetting about competing is hard as I am on livery with my trainer but she doesn't compete much and I have just gotten sooo frustrated, especially when I see her other pupils out and doing well - it's like the proverbial carrot infront of the donkey's nose that is just out of reach!

ihatework

Visit site
Do you have a competition centre near you that takes liveries?
Why not try and base yourself where you don't need travel, even if temporarily for the next year.

SilentEcho

Visit site
Re Ben and Jerry's and daisycrazy, good ideas but unfortunately unworkable
frown.gif
There are no proper competition centres near me and my instructors pupils are from a wide array of areas, none of which are close to me! I will just have to forget about competing for the meantime.