Taking my lurcher on holiday!

pistolpete

Visit site
Our lurcher Meg is lovely but she sleeps in the bed with us. Has anyone ever found a cottage or hotel holiday where this is allowed? I’d happily take my own bedding etc. Fancy a week in Norfolk sometime in the autumn. Just want to be able to relax and take pooch too. Finally I have some time and a bit of spare cash now I only have one retired pony who is back on livery. Not had a holiday in four years.

timbobs

Visit site
I've stayed in a couple of air bnb's that are super dog friendly so worth looking on there!

You can filter by pet friendly places and then just read their house rules :)

deb_l222

Visit site
When I've taken my dogs away (in other people's property), I've discouraged them from jumping on furniture but as it's allowed at home, accidents happen!! The way I've gotten around messing up other people's furniture is to take my own throws for the lounge furniture and take a kingsize quilt cover that I lay over the top of the normal bedding.

When you book a dog friendly place, don't say the dog sleeps in the bed, or even the most pet-friendly of owners are likely to refuse. Just do everything you can do keep the place as clean as possible :)

I have my caravan now and the dogs can do what they want - much less stressful!!

Birker2020

Visit site
We are going to our 5th Parkdean resort holiday in September after we cancelled the holiday we booked at the beginning of last year for Malta.

We stop in a dog friendly van, some of them are really nice as you can see from the photos these are interiors of some random dog friendly caravans.

Most of the resorts are set in countryside with some nice walks and some are close to a dog friendly (walking distance beach) and most of them have indoor and outdoor pools and tennis courts/childrens play grounds/arcades/shops/onsite shop and restaurant/pub.

They also have lodges and bungalows and big tent things, glamping is it?

https://www.parkdeanresorts.co.uk/holidays/dog-friendly/
1621341120514.png1621341199459.png1621341324899.png

Last edited:

Moobli

Visit site
There are lots of dog friendly places. I have a highland cottage that is dog friendly. I ask people to bring throws if their dogs are likely to get on the furniture. If someone contacted me beforehand to say their dog actually slept IN the bed and so could they take their own bedding I’d be fine with that, and very grateful for the honesty! (I’m looking at you Deb ?).