Tales from a Livery Yard

finkle

Visit site
Ive not long joined but love the posts about the sagas and ups and downs of the livery yard.Some tales beggar belief.

I remember someone saying that someone ought to write a book. Well I think someone should and any profits donated to a Horse charity. It would certainly make interesting reading and Im sure be a best seller amongst the horsey fraternity.

finkle

Visit site
Maybe could be done as a mass effort..all the tales that would make good reading could be put together and then find out how to get it into print and on sale. Out of all the skullduggery and survival tactics of life on some yards some horses or ponies could benefit!

Enfys

Visit site
You want to do a "Soup for the Livery Yard" kind of thing.

So, kick on, who has a story?

cheekywelshie

Visit site
I think it's an excellent idea
smile.gif

finkle

Visit site
Oh yes Im sure ''from the livery yard perspective'' would be interesing too. Perhaps that could be the sequel!
Think it could be a handbook on how to survive having a horse on livery.
Things I have read on here are burying feed scoops to catch thieves out.. to removing baling twine to stop having hay bales nicked. I use to rent a yard and sublet..never again.

Someone once told me that wherever you have horses and women, then you have trouble LOL and yes I am female!

LauraWinter

Visit site
I had this idea!!! I was going to write is as a book, or a blog, from my real life experiences but in a fictional setting but I havent got round to it yet. I am planning on starting when I finish my first degree though, I have always wanted to be a writer
grin.gif

ladyearl

vvv
I did write a kid's story about the riding school horses but would be scared I'd have to leave the country if I started on the humans. lol