Talk to me about boots

charlotte0916

Visit site
I’ve just had my birthday and one gift was a gift card for repost equestrian to out towards some new (watertight, non cracked) riding boots.
I try to not wear them out to the field but needs must occasionally so looking for something nice and field boot style but that I won’t cry over having near mud.
Any recommendations? I can’t decide what’s worth paying more for and what’s just a brand name upsell.

jnb

Visit site
I second riding in riding boots and taking them off to do other tasks, anything with a zip will quickly knacker the zip if walking around in them.
The Cabotswood country boot seconds that someone posted a link to the other day are a good option @£60 and buy a pair of MH ones to ride in?

charlotte0916

Visit site
Very interesting ideas, thanks all! I didn’t know that re the zippers wearing from walking in them, good to know.
I love the mountain horse ones I was given a pair last year for competition best and they fit like a glove. They’re so gorgeous I’m scared to have them near a horse!

jnb

Visit site
Wear your competition ones to ride in, and buy country boots for stable and field? I'm a firm believer in keeping everything as much the same as possible when competing ....when I used to show I'd have a dry run in my straight-topped Regent boots as I always had to go up a stirrup leather hole to ride in them in the same saddle.
Keep your nice boots in a bag with boot trees (you can get decent Ariat ones or Jones the Bootmaker ones for about £15) and they'll repay you by lasting - I have MH boots over 10 years old but then, I only ride in them, when I get off I untack, then hat and boots off and trees back in and back in their bag - doesn't take that long - 30 seconds - but keeps mud off them and saves the zips.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Just to add I’ve lovely Ariat Bromonts that I ride in also especially lessons and shows but wouldn’t do yard chores in them as well as the zip potentially getting damaged it pokes into my Achilles’ tendon when walking which is painful. In the depths winter though I don’t want to faff around changing boots over weekday mornings in particular as I’ve got two horses to muck out and hopefully ride one before work and every second counts. The Grasmeres are perfect for dual use.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Toggi Calgarys, I try not to do yard jobs in them but I do walk the dogs in them occasionally. They are good for riding in all seasons and weathers

It’s the mucking out (horse wee) that does for a pair of boots, not general usage I find.