Talk to me about Dressage Saddles

Joyous70

Visit site
I am looking to buy a dressage saddle for my girl, but am not sure where to start, I don't have a massive budget so will be looking to buy a 2nd hand leather saddle, I am currently using an Ideal Grandee GP, which is great for jumping and fits her really well, would it be safe to say that if the Ideal fits then trying their range of dressage saddles first would be a good place to start?#

Thanks in advance

be positive

Visit site
I would have suggested Ideal as a good place to start even if you were not already using one, the Jessica is a decent dressage saddle that will suit many riders, not too blocky and a good starting point, if you can have a sit on a few different models it will give an idea of what suits you before you buy but if not going for something fairly popular means you can always sell it on if you want to move on to a more blocked type later, there are normally plenty of Ideals secondhand for sensible money and they will not drop too much after a year or two if you do want to upgrade.

Joyous70

Visit site
Thank you BP :)

I will continue to keep my eyes out for an Ideal, however as she needs a 17" as a 17.5 is too long for her, are there any other makes than anyone can suggest would be a good alternative?

PorkChop

Visit site
I only use Frank Baines saddles so obviously would recommend them!

The Omni is the one to have :)

Saying that if the ideal tree fits your horse it may be easier to go with what you know.