Talking of Neue Schule's being faulty

fruity

Visit site
I won a trans loz on e-bay and when it came it had a small deep dent in the side and a v.rough mark next to it,it was right were it would rub the horses mouth,i bought it for my young horse so i've now sent it back for a refund,all i can say is be very careful to check them over when you buy them as it was the 2nd one i've bought that had imperfections.

Stella

Visit site
I've ha several NS bits and they all seem to mark very easily because the metel on the mouth piece is so soft. a lot of them seem to be poorly finished too. Much more worringly, a friend had one where the mouth piece snapped
shocked.gif
fortunately, it wasn't in a horse's mouth at the time, but its still very poor isn't it? I think their quaility control needs serious attention.

I would prefer to pay the extra for Sprenger (as they are clearly better made and finished). However, they don't do my mare's chosen mouth piece. She likes a single joint with a curve to avoid pinching. I always thought a lozenge was the more comfortable option until I got her. She thinks any kind of lozenge is the work of the devil!
confused.gif

ann-jen

Visit site
A friend of mine had a NS bit and the bit ring snapped while she was riding! Fortunately nothing happened but being as this bit was used out hunting there could of been a horrid accident if it had happened at an inopportune moment! The bit looked perfectly normal prior to this but afterwards you would think it had been cut in two - the metal hadn't stretched at all it had literally just split in two.