Tall rider coming back after a break

HamSandwich

New User
Visit site
Hello! I am the classic 30-something rider who rode lots as a teenager, then stopped. I started up again for a few months after seeing the wonderful Team GB Paralympic dressage team at London 2012, but only really got back into riding last autumn.

I've never had my own horse, but I'm very lucky to go to a riding school that has a riding club each week, and there I'm riding different horses (this is an achievement, I'm 6'1!) each week, and working on just getting better, learning confidence and to calm my nerves, relearning everything I've forgotten, and hopefully trying some new things.

I'd love to eventually go hunting, probably in a non-jumping capacity as I'm just learning that again now, and being 6'1 tall I'm finding getting my seat right quite tricky. "Sack of potatoes moving across a van" can pretty much sum up my abilities so far!

I am really enjoying all the threads and advice, and looking forward to joining in.

spacefaer

Visit site
Welcome to the forum - hope you have lots of fun on here

No question is a stupid question - sometimes you'll get stupid answers (!) and with all forums, lots of different personalities, some more appealing than others, but there is a lot of knowledge here too

HamSandwich

New User
Visit site
Thank you spacefaer! I thought of that at riding club on Wednesday, when I was getting really frustrated at myself for not remembering/knowing basic things. My instructor was so kind, and said pretty much the same as you about asking questions.