Tamarillo

hairycob

Visit site
Of course it's sad to hear a great horse has died & most of us will feel for his connections. But why do people on Facebook feel they need to query why & put comments like "23 isn't old". Yes it is old & it's no e of your business.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
That is sad I didn't know he had died, I thinks it's just people for you in general and the stupid things they do and say, I had my horse pts last week and a so called friend of mine thought he would get on his phone and ring a few mutual friends and gossip about my dead horse rather than call me and offer a few kind words, why did he do it who knows I give up trying to understand some people.

RIP Tamarillo x

molly7886

Visit site
I was just thinking same thing. People assume there is something sinister going on when sometimes it's just the accumulation of a number of issues affecting a horses quality of life that bring you to that gut wrenching decision. Some horses stay healthy/sound longer, some have issues early in life. Just like humans.

Goldenstar

Visit site
He was a lovely fun horse to watch he always looked so clever and so cheeky .
Obviously it's sad for those who know and looked after him he's gone .
But a horse going in it's twenties is hardly controversial so I just don't understand some people feel the need to look for some sort of extra drama .
Not enough going on in their own lives I suspect .

SpringArising

Visit site
But why do people on Facebook feel they need to query why & put comments like "23 isn't old". Yes it is old & it's no e of your business.

I don't agree with people writing crappy comments on the post but 23 really isn't old.

Does anyone know why he was PTS?

Orangehorse

Visit site
It isn't old, old, but he had had injury problems and if arithis sets in, this can be so, so painful and it doesn't get any better.
Over 20 for a competition horse with many miles on the clock isn't bad.

RIP Tamarillo, you gave lots of people pleasure and I expect his owners and connections are very sad about his passing and there will be a huge gap intheir lives.

PolarSkye

Visit site
I was very sad to hear that he has been PTS - must be so very hard for all of his connections. I know WFP always described him as his "horse of a lifetime" - and given how many lovely horses he has had to ride, that's quite a compliment!

I was lucky enough to see WFP and Tamarillo win Burghley in 2008 . . . snapped these of the two of them doing their lap of honour.

DSC_0649.jpg

DSC_0654.jpg

How old is his clone Tomatillo now? He could be an exciting prospect!

P

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I don't agree with people writing crappy comments on the post but 23 really isn't old.

Does anyone know why he was PTS?

Surely it's as old as most very thoroughbred horses will ever reach, never mind one which has been an international four star eventer?

It worries me that modern vet care and better horse management has allowed some horses to live a lot longer, and some owners are getting unreasonable expectations of how long their horse will live, or even worse feeling guilty if they do not live to, say, thirty.

kassieg

Visit site
I didn't realise he was that old tbh !! I was gutted when I heard, he was a true lionheart, what everyone would want from an eventer !

those pictures are gorgeous :)

such a sad loss, I can imagine WFP is heartbroken as are his owners :(