Tattersalls 2017

Always_A_Moody_Mare

Visit site
Hi,

Planning ahead and thinking about visiting Tattersalls this year, anyone been - any tips?

Done Badminton and Burghley a few times but wanted somewhere new!

Thanks in advance.

Alchemy

Visit site
To buy or just visit? I have been a few times selling horses up there, wrap up its cold, best time to go is the October yearling sales Book 1 that's when you will see the big money being spent on some very well bred horses

Enjoy :)

Nt9

Visit site
Haven't been to Tattersalls, but been to Blenheim, Gatcombe, Chatsworth and Bramham which are all good. I go away with my mum every year we treat ourselves to all 3 or four days 😊.

shugmx

Visit site
Fab event been many times. You will need a hire car as really rural. Book accommodation early to be close as possible. Great fun on saturday night with disco and bar. We normally camp and have access straight onto course.

Always_A_Moody_Mare

Visit site
Thanks! Think we are going to camp as B&B too expensive, hiring a car may be difficult as friend and I are a couple of years too young sadly, been driving for years but they still won't let us. Thinking about getting a taxi there and back to the airport? May be just as expensive as hiring a car.

Also trying to figure out how we can get our tent/sleeping bags etc in under the weight limit for the plane but hope to figure that one out.

Any other tips welcome!

only_me

Visit site
You could potentially hire a camper van and stay onsite? Or try AirBnB which might have somewhere close.

Tatts isn't that rural, its 10mins from motorway and It would be handy to have a car as although it's not really rural as close (10mins!) to motorway. It is 14miles from the airport so taxi mightn't be too expensive. There is a bus to ratoath and it stops right opposite tatts (at fairyhouse). Or could always take ferry with your car and its not far from port.

You would need to get booking now for accommodation, especially if you want close (ratoath or ashbourne) as gets booked up early :)

ets. If camping one person could have tent in bag and the boots, and other person could have the clothes?