TB x Dales breed

Noodles_3

Visit site
I can't post any photos at the moment as using my mobile.
I just wanted to see if anyone on this forum has any pictures of the above breed? My share horse is this breed and she is the most fantastic little mare ever!! She is so sweet, clever and most importantly so well behaved when ridden. I feel so lucky to of found her I have honestly never came across a horse so well behaved. We hack alone most of the time in a bitless bridle and she's never strong or silly she just goes whatever pace I want her too and is just a little treasure. The only thing she has ever done is spook as most horses do!
I just wondered if she is just a 1 off wonder pony or whether this breed is just a very good combination!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
This is LizzieJ's mare, she didn't stop growing, for a size comparison next to Frank
25796_411640347931_1779807_n.jpg

206402_10150224001212932_2585404_n.jpg

25216_417253432931_5978315_n.jpg

huge but a fab hunter :) I don't think we could describe her as never strong or silly though.

1918008_145244462931_4927007_n.jpg

hibshobby

Visit site
Oh this could have been my old mare - even down to the ginger nose !! I bought her for meat money when she was 17 and had her for 11 years. I always thought she was a Dales / Fell cross-something due to her shape, size and colouring and this would back that up. She was the best - brilliant to hack, lovely to hunt (she even had an injured hound draped over her withers to take him home) and loved to be out and about doing her stuff. However, she was the most opionated old witch that ever trotted the earth. If she didn't want to do it, no whip or spurs could make her. Even when her time came, she had to call the shots and it was her call. Easiest decision I ever made because she made it for me. Enjoy your mare, she sounds lovely and I hope you have the same brilliant time that I did.

Noodles_3

Visit site
Wow she is a big girl! My girl is 14.3hh very petite! Sometimes from the side she looks to have a Roman nose, God knows why! On her papers it definitely says mum was dales and dad a TB .. Or the other way around I always forget! Fab breed though. The only thing she doesn't like is puddles! I can't see her being very good at any water jumps lol. She sounded lovely hibshobby! Do you have any photos? I seem to genuinely just get on with mares better. I've never had a preference but that's why way it always seems to go for me!

hibshobby

Visit site
Sorry Noodles_3, I wish I had photos to post - but yours is the spit of my old girl. She had no problem with water, but hated ditches with a passion. She would always do "down and up" rather than jump it, even if it was only 2ft wide. She was 15.1 so I went for a hand bigger for her replacement ( IDxTB gelding and if he ends up half as good as her I'll be pleased). The other thing that I really remember about her jumping is that she would take on the most solid thing, such as a 3ft 6 " tree trunk but hated things she could see through, such as a flimsy 2ft showjump or rail fence. Probably just her judging what was worth her effort - as she did with most things !

Noodles_3

Visit site
She sounds like she was absolutely lovely and a big character! Bless her. Some horses just come into your life and really do change things for you. I've been unlucky in the past with losing my confidence and not finding a suitable match for me but this girl has brought me back and I'm having so much fun. She is very well behaved but still bags of fun! Not a plod but not fast either, you ask for a pace and she will stick to it. She's fab x